[Comic] Freedom Flight

[Comic] Freedom Flight

Freedom Flight is the first Wing Commander official novel and my favorite one. After a few years of practicing, I'm happy to be able to start drawing a fan comic for it.

The original is a middle grade novel that can be read in about an afternoon. But even so, comicizing it in its entirety is not a workload that an amateur can easily handle. At the same time, I'd like to add some new elements, so the comic will probably unfold as a unit drama with narrative changes.

One thing to note is that this comic is based on the WC2 and Freedom Flight story, so the other storyline of Wing Commander IP will only be used as a general background reference. For instance, here, as in WC 2 and Freedom Flight, Hobbes is indeed a hero of the Ghorah Khar resistance. He and the Imperial Royal Family of Kiranka are the antithesis of each other. Of course, discussions on such issues are welcome.

Something new...
Thread under construction...

Please guess what it is.

CHAPTER 01
FF_C01_01.png

Last edited:
You've got a typo there - it's "carrion-eater" ('carrion' meaning 'dead things/carcasses'. It can also mean 'A contemptible or worthless person' but I'm pretty sure Jakhai is using the first meaning here, though accusing someone of cannibalism would be rather a slap in the face methinks...)

You've got a typo there - it's "carrion-eater" ('carrion' meaning 'dead things/carcasses'. It can also mean 'A contemptible or worthless person' but I'm pretty sure Jakhai is using the first meaning here, though accusing someone of cannibalism would be rather a slap in the face methinks...)
Thank you! I will correct it soon, maybe tomorrow.

EDIT: Updated the image with typo corrected.

Last edited:
Loving this! I always wondered if this ordeal could (retroactively, because WCIII hadn’t been written yet) have been a roundabout test of Ralgha’s ‘new’ personality overlay?

Hard to believe Thrakath could play such a long game, but there it is!

Last edited:
Loving this! I always wondered if this ordeal could (retroactively, because WCIII hadn’t been written yet) have been a roundabout test of Ralgha’s ‘new’ personality overlay?

Yeah, you're not the first to suggest this scenario. The way that he's allowed free by Thrakhath at the end would certainly support that.

I always wondered if this ordeal could (retroactively, because WCIII hadn’t been written yet) have been a roundabout test of Ralgha’s ‘new’ personality overlay?

My idea is basically a comic based on WC2 and Freedom Flight. As you can see, the character design is also based on that of WC2. So I'm not going to think much about the design in WC3.

My idea is basically a comic based on WC2 and Freedom Flight. As you can see, the character design is also based on that of WC2. So I'm not going to think much about the design in WC3.
Fair enough! It's thought provoking and I'm really enjoying it, even if I don't say it enough!

Back