Something New...

BradMick

Vice Admiral
Well, I may get yelled at for this, and honestly it's something i've debated long and hard over, but I thought i'd go ahead and post some WIP shots of a possible base interior I whipped up a while back. This is by no means a finished and sealed deal set of work. Just some stuff I did up as a kind of 3D sketch. So, what we have here is the conjectural Mining Base landing bay in its two halves. The idea is that there are different modules which the engine will be able to pick from to allow for some base randomization. I think we may actually elect to go a different route, something more overly modular...not to sure, bit its a glimpse at what might be. Also, some WIP cargo items as well (not to terribly exciting i'm afraid on those). Enjoy!

miningbase062pw.jpg

miningbase071pj.jpg

cargostuff5dz.jpg

Neat! Definitely looks like a good start. Will be interesting to see the randomized base interiors. Although I still think you should have some predefined master bases (like New Detroit, New Constantinople, etc in Privateer). :)

Yup - It should be noted, however, that most of this stuff is a long ways off. We're currently focusing on getting the spaceflight element up, running and polished. Then we'll plug in the base/running around portion of the game.

if you mean yelled at as in "about time you lazy bums got off your buttocks and showed something" here you go :D

if you mean as in" are you crazy? why are you showing us this? this is just bad, lame and boring!" sorry, buddy, can't help you there:p

I think he means yelled at by me. But, no - it's okay. Cam - we don't have any exterior base models done yet - but I have created a planet-gen system. I'll post screenines here in a bit...

Heheh, yeah. I meant by Howard. Usually its our policy not to show WIP stuff, but in this case I figured 'eh, what the hey' and posted em up. Not everything has to be perfect, right? heheh.

i've taught myself. started in 97. i've had a fair bit of tips and pointers tossed my way by some friends, but overall self taught all the way. i did take a maya course, but that was a year or so ago and i dont even use maya anymore. its a lot of trial and error.

also, i use LightWave 8.3.

One question - is a ship parked in a hangar Camel? Or is it that Orion-equivalent in WC Pioneer? We have to suck all the informations available from you, you know. :)

Nope, that's correct.
There was a name conflict - we had forgotten to check this one - and it's been re-named. Sorry about that.

Back