Some thoughts I had on SO

Shaggy

Vice Admiral
While I was developing my current SO conversion I had some ideas for another potential SOC.
The Pilgrim Wars, sort of. I was thinking of doing an SO game that is farther back in WC history. So far in fact that the technology would be somewhat different. Rather than energy weapons you would largely carry projectile weapons, though there would be some laser systems.
The fighters would not maneuver as they currently do either. Instead you would turn and elevate similar to the space shuttle.
At the time I figured it would be too complicated to set up the physics, not to mention the weapons systems, to implement without knowing either SO's source code, or programming the damn thing from the ground up.
I'm still hanging on to the intial concept info. So it may happen some time in the future.
What do you think?

Great Idea!

I like the idea of fighting with projectile- and low sophsticated laserweapons. Maybe one can use the Independence War Engine, which already offers the need physics for the game (I said maybe, because I don't have much experience in modding).

I thought about that. I wanted to try and set it up so you had to deal with inertia as well. I'll have to track down a copy of I war and see if it would work!:cool:

On the playstation you can get a game called colony wars, does anyone know if you can get this game for the pc because that has inertia init

Back