Some ship stats...

capi3101

Admiral
Hello Standoff team.

The last couple of days I've been playing Saga a bit, and I've asked the Saga folks if they wouldn't mind if I added versions of a few of the ships created specifically for their game to WCRPG. Since I've been on the topic lately, I've also got a couple of ships from Standoff that I'd like to do as well (with the permission of the original designers, of course). I was curious if there was an official listing of their statistics anywhere (length, performance characteristics, defenses, armament, and flight/crew compliment specifically). I figured I'd start by asking if the stats existing and if I could add them.

Here's the craft I'm specifically interested in adding:
  • Jutland Carrier
  • Vatari Fighter
  • Targu-II Frigate
  • Rigakh Light Cruiser
  • Hakaga Supercarrier
I've got a few of the stats from the in-game tech database, but the vast majority of what I'm looking for isn't there for these ships in particular.

Most of these can be dragged out of Standoff using WCPEdit if you're willing to solve a logic puzzle to work out which turret types are which (the Standoff team either couldn't or didn't rename the Secret Ops guns they repurposed). I think the Hakaga is two different ships flying in very close formation though, so I'm not sure about that one.

I have the TII and Vatari stats lying around, though.

Targu-II class frigate
Length: 445.05 m
Mass: 17,500 tonnes (a rather large Frigate apparently)
Max Velocity: 250 kps
Cruise Velocity: 150 kps
Max Yaw/Pitch/Roll: 10/10/10 degrees per second
Weapons: 6x flak turret, 4x dual laser turret
Shields: Phase Shields
Armour: Not sure how you work this out in WCPEdit. Weak - one torpedo is enough.

Vatari-class dumbfire magnet heavy fighter
Length: Unknown (WCPEdit doesn't tell you. About the same as a Rapier.)
Mass: 24 tonnes
Max Velocity: 440 kps
Afterburner Velocity: 1450 kps
Max Y/P/R: 80/80/80 degrees per second
Weapons: 4x Particle Cannon, 2x Mass Driver, 6x FF missile, 3x IR missile, 3x HS missile
Shields: Front: 400 Rear: 400 (in Secret Ops numbers. I think that means 40 cm durasteel equivalent)
Armour: Front: 280 Right/Left: 240 Rear: 220
Core hitpoints: 500

Most of these can be dragged out of Standoff using WCPEdit if you're willing to solve a logic puzzle to work out which turret types are which.

Why not? It's what I've been doing up to this point with pretty much everything else...

I've never heard of WCPEdit...I assume it's a Prophecy editor just based on the name. Do you have a URL link for it or is it something I can find at CIC?

Thanks for the stats on the T-2 and the Vatari; what you gave me should be enough to get started on both.

You should be able to find it at CIC, I think. I'm pretty sure I did. It is indeed an editor for Prophecy/Secret Ops.

I think the Hakaga is two different ships flying in very close formation though, so I'm not sure about that one.
Hmm, I'm not quite sure what this is supposed to mean. The Hakaga is definitely just one ship.

For the in-game stats, keep in mind that we multiplied things a bit for gameplay purposes - in WCP, most ships had shields & armour in the 200-400 range, so anything less than that tends to take a really excessive damage in collisions. Which is kinda like WC2, I guess, but we didn't want it, because with the amount of ships we have flying around, people were constantly getting killed in collisions.

So, any in-game shields and armour stats need to be divided not by ten, but by twenty to work out the values for centimetres of durasteel.

Anyway, it's not a big problem to extract all these stats, but I sure hope someone else does it for you - I definitely don't have the time for it :)

So, any in-game shields and armour stats need to be divided not by ten, but by twenty to work out the values for centimetres of durasteel.

Okay, thanks for the heads-up on that. I was noticing some of those numbers looked pretty...impressive. Particularly when compared to the craft in WC2.

Anyway, it's not a big problem to extract all these stats, but I sure hope someone else does it for you - I definitely don't have the time for it :)

I'm willing to do the work myself. I may need a few pointers on how to interpret the data from WCPEdit when I finally get around to downloading/farting around with it...

Again, thanks for the help, y'all.

Okay, so I've got WCPedit installed now, but the readme says I need Treman to use the model viewer. Where's a link to that?

<picks up thread, blows off dust>

So I'm about to the point where I need this information, and I've realized that when I had it up and running back in July (i.e. when I should've come up for breath long enough to write everything down), it was on my laptop (which is now down due to the need to replace the charger and the fact that the battery has never been worth a damn). I have WCPEdit on my Win7 box, but I think I've got it in the wrong spot (I can only pull up the information for Secret Ops). How do I access the data on a Win7 box?

Aggravated; I obviously had this working back in July but now I am (still) having problems getting WCPedit to pull up the Standoff ships, and I'm to the point where I really need the info.

<sigh />So, how do I do it? Anyone? Anyone at all?

Uh, Win7...? Umm... Pierre, are you around? Any advice you can offer? I'm still on XP, so I'm afraid I can't help you...

I suppose, if all else fails, we'll just have to help you by supplying you whatever info you need, but I would much rather it didn't come to that.

I did manage to get my laptop back up and running today, and it runs XP (progress of a sort, looks like).

Found this thread this evening. This looks like what I've been searching for; will let you guys know.

Here's a question: which .iff file should I be looking for?

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to hear you're making progress. The files you want are the ones that are stored inside the \ships folder.

Okay...I see what the problem is now. Pure idiocy: the program can find the files that have been extracted from the .tre a lot easier if, you know, you extract them from the .tre...

Alrighty...WCPEdit isn't opening the meshes for the capships. Big deal: I've got the .def files, which means I got the stats. I can always guess at the positioning of the guns.

Not finding the Artemis...what's it under?

Artemis... Artemis... ah, yes. It's under "speeder" - the label we saw on the original Priv concept art.

Artemis... Artemis... ah, yes. It's under "speeder" - the label we saw on the original Priv concept art.

Shoklar...shuttle...skate...skateb...stileto [sic]...stingray......talon. I'm not seeing a "speeder" amongst the .def files. Does a specific Artemis appear in Standoff, and if so, what is its name?

Look for speeder.iff in the ships folder - if it's not there, then probably you've simply extracted ships from the wrong file. Make sure you look at the ships from the file stan_sim.tre. Prior to Episode 4, ship files used to be stored inside the episode-specific tre files, but the introduction of the online scoreboards required us to put them all in one file that we could monitor for user modifications. So, that's the file you need to be looking at - and it's also the only one containing the Artemis, which was a late introduction to the game.

Ah, okay. I had extracted files from stan_og1.tre, stan_og2.tre and stan_ogs.tre; hadn't done stan_sim.tre.

So, if I were to simply empty out the ships folder entirely and start over, would that break anything?

Back