some [quick?] questions

Chernikov

Spaceman
Just a couple of minor bugs or something. Running Bruckner's MSIB 1.21 over the last version of HCL's compiler on a P166 and a bit of leftover HD.

Problem 1: The only time a mission will run sucessfully is when it is compiled off of a "fresh" file. If the mission is saved, reopened and edited, or if I "compile and run" then try to use what I compiled off of, the file has a problem and will not load in the simulator, kicking me back to Windows. This might be a pain in the ar*e if I ever do missions on a serious level (I wish!)

Problem 2: Im not sure how to change the heading that the ship takes when it appears in the mission. Being nice to really use all 3 dimensions of space would be great.

Problem 3: im not sure how to change the behavior of ships in-game. As is, all the friendly ships do is follow me around unless assigned to a task, regardless of if I assign them a wing or not. Think it might be something Im overlooking but any help would be appreciated nonetheless.

Problem 4: this is purely cosmetic, but how do you change the appearances of energy weapons? I know someone had a patch out that did that (nice lighning gun) but unaware of how to recreate the effect.

Thanks in advance.

er, what does "non-null control created" mean (the error mentioned in #1 above) and how to deal with it?

[Edited by Chernikov on 01-29-2001 at 01:03]

The "non-null control created" error happens when you assign a capship file (like the midway) to a ship object.

#2: you can't do this with misb, but you can if you hand-code your missions.

#3: not sure about that

#4: for this you have to edit game\bullets.iff manually. I have a description of the file format on my page.

Thomas
http://thomasbr.cjb.net/

Back