Some ebay items...

What?

All I did was post something because I figured that if they ARE rare, people here might not want to miss out.
Is that wrong or something?

No, it's cool, it's interesting to see oddities.

The Wing Commander I/II CD came in a white box and included all the original manuals in its original release. There was also a Privateer/Strike Commander CD that came out at the same time. Priv/Strike was re-released as an EA Classic, but WC1/2 never was.

Privateer did, indeed, have a speech pack -- it added voices during flight only, though... so people generally remember the full speech CD instead.

It's tough to tell from that listing - did the Wing I/II CD also contain SM and SO?

Thats quite some price there on the speech pack... Would almost make me consider selling mine. Wonder if anyone will take that offer.
The interesting trivia about the speech pack as LOAF said, is that the game with speech pack differs from the CD release that had it already included. The nifty thing about the disk version is that due to the lack of speech in the cutscene it is possible to display the players name instead of the generic Burrows. Therefore IMHO there is no clear advantage for one over the other.

It's SO stupid, but I have never been able to play SM1 or SM2. I have the WC1 Delux edition, but SM1 and SM2 were never on the CD.

Then, since I didn't trust the CDs, I went on a fruitless search to find the expansion disks. I ended up buying, perhaps even MORE stupidly, the 'amiga' version of the disks, not realizing this was a separate machine.

In the end, I've utterly failed twice in my quest. Maybe this is my lucky day!

Err... there's no Amiga version of the addons. :)

Ugh... you're good catch now lets me publicly display how deep my stupidity ran. I purchased the floppies for the Amiga ASSUMING that the SM would be part of it.

Not only did I get floppies that didn't work with my systems, I didn't have the SM either.

Though, I suppose that was a good thing. How much more badly would I have felt if I had the SM but couldn't play them!? :(

Back