Some amateur fan-art.

Hey folks! I'm a long time admirer of Wing Commander, and I was inspired by fongsaunder's comic to post some of the Wing Commander-style fan-art I have lying around in my binders and such. I'm no super-artist, and I know I drew it all out on lined paper, but I hope you enjoy it anyways. Any positive feedback will be definitely appreciated, I know i'm a pretty lacklustre artist :p

Wasp

Vampire

Devastator
I have to say...I hate this one, to be honest. It looks absolutely nothing like the devastator, and just looks blocky. :(

Tigershark

Gladius variant
The gladius was always my favourite ship in WC: Armada, and i tried to re-imagine it as a torpedo-bomber with turrets. A bit fanboyish perhaps.

Broadsword
This one looks a little bit stupid, because i couldn't quite remember what the Broadsword looked like when I was sitting in school. Also, everyone tells me the wings look "bent" because I probably haven't gotten ahold of 3-D proportions yet.

Broadsword again, this time in color!
This one looked a lot better, I think.

A Banshee chasing a Ferret
I haven't quite figured out weapons and weapon trails, really.

Panther

I probably miss out on the details of ships lots because i'm drawing it at school and can't remember exactly what the ship looks like, so i try and take a bit of artistic license. In any case, enjoy!

That's cool that you shared your art Pedro. Yeah, the Devastator picture isn't your best. Perhaps I could use it for the next superfighter on the aweful fanfic superfighter's thread.. just teasing. Drawing pictures of fighters while in class was a favorite past time of mine too when I was in school. Welcome to the Wing Commander forums!

Neat. Very generous of you to share your art with the community. Looks like you've got quite a start there, who among us hasn't doodled a WC ship or two. :)

I try to doodle WC ships, but then realise I cant draw so I end up drawing happy faces and monster heads instead.

I once made a WC1 Dralthi out of clay and two toothpicks... which promptly broke :p
And welcome to these forums...

Hey, kid's got skill.
Tip: If you use normal A4 paper, some black pens and color pencils can make wonders out of your drawings.....

Trust me....

In my opinion the broadsword is the most difficult confed ship to draw, ever.
It's a mishmash of organic curves with a couple of boxes on top...

Good on you for giving it a go!

Kinda reminds me of some of my own drawings back in the day. At my old school they used to make the kids get paper covers for their books. Well I used to get paper bags from the store and make my own. By the end of the school year there would usually be a huge space battle going from the front to the back of the cover. Your ships remind me quite a bit of my old work good job.

Back