Solution To Privateer/MyJemm Joystick Problem

RyanFialcowitz

Swabbie
Banned
I was getting an error when attempting to calibrate my joystick upon running Privateer for the first time, through MyJemm. It would say that the calibration was invalid or something similiar. I would then be stuck in an endless calibration loop.

But I have discovered a work around for this. The joystick I was using was working fine. It was a simple two axis, two button model. But it couldn't get past the calibration routine. If the joystick was unplugged the game would proceed normally, but even if the joystick was then plugged in, it would still not work.

Here is the solution. I discoved that if I plugged in a gamepad, in my case a Gravis Destroyer, (A cheap ten dollar model.) I could calibrate the gamepad normally and get into the game. I then discovered that if after that I plugged in my joystick it worked like a charm.

The reason why the joystick didn't at first work is beyond me. But apparently, the game will not allow any joystick to function until SOMETHING has passed the calibration check.

So, short end of the story is try to use a gamepad to get past the routine. Another joystick might work, but I have my doubts.

Hope this helps.

-RPF

Back