So...who EXACTLY are the 'Retros'?

There's a little bit more to it. It's not a common word... it has a kind of seedy sense to it -- someone who's willing to arrange dirty deals.

I don't know... Freelancer's random fixers were pretty underwhelming.

Yeah, seriously, but the concept of random fixers isn't bad. Privateer *2* did a great job at this. It has all the storyplot and base terminal missions like Privateer, plus it had SOS missions and random side-plot missions that included lots of FMV.

Yeah, seriously, but the concept of random fixers isn't bad. Privateer *2* did a great job at this. It has all the storyplot and base terminal missions like Privateer, plus it had SOS missions and random side-plot missions that included lots of FMV.

Oh, I loved the side-plots, but they still were only random in when you triggered them, and once they were done IIRC you didn't get them again. If that's what they meant by random then yes they would have been a great addition.

I once heard that someone had managed to "befriend" the Retros by shooting everything else for a pretty long time, but I've yet to try it, so I can't say for sure whether this is true or not.

I seriously doubt it, I am confident that retros can't be made allies. Hell, the kats can become allies easily enough, it would stand to reason that you wouldn't have to kill a million feddies to make nice with them.

Back