So many new faces, new format

Yes (I've been posting since 1995, given that the Official Boards begat the WCHS Board and that the WCHS Board begat the CIC Chat Zone).

No, at these 'old days' I even didn't have any interests in Computers...(I have them since 3 years now)...and as the first WC came out, I 've still been in the kindergarten...(now I am 16, and many things have changed, but I feel like being here since a long time...what isn't true in fact..I really don't know why I feel so).:)

I've been posting almost as long as LOAF has, but I wasn't quite as faithful. In the old Origin board, I was known as all of these names:

Ace, Shaman, Macross, Spectre, and Ghost.

Here, I've only been LividLiquid, and I think I was Ghost at one point, but the new Ghost is definitely not me.

Originally posted by Manjana
No, at these 'old days' I even didn't have any interests in Computers...(I have them since 3 years now)...and as the first WC came out, I 've still been in the kindergarten...(now I am 16, and many things have changed, but I feel like being here since a long time...what isn't true in fact..I really don't know why I feel so).:)

maybe it's because you spend all of your freetime hitting the refresh button on your browser while in the cic chatzone.

like some of us!:)

I am reletivly new (since begining of year), but amazingly I feel like an old timer explaining things to loads of newbies, funny huh since I am a newbie

It is really fast. I was happy I had made it from Cadet to 1LT in a month...and even there my parents were angry, because in their eyes I spent too much time on a dead thing!
We really argued about this...the result is: I have special times when I may write, until my Dad pushes me away from the computer.:(. It's frustrating...three times may you think about ,why I have to go now!:(

I'm here since... February 19th...

and I am currently at... 315 posts (316 with this one) with rank of full Captain...

316 posts in... 11 days...

:(

I should really get some studying done... ;)

(BTW, in the first week, I was on Reading break which kind of provides an excuse... quoique...)

Number of posts really doesn't matter that much. If they're crap no one will care, if there's some quality it doesn't matter how many posts you have.

TC

And certainly, 300 posts are nothing to brag about. Come to think of it, excessively large numbers of posts mean only that you need to spend less time here... ;)

[Edited by Quarto on 03-03-2001 at 09:42]

Heh... I've been here for like a year and a bit and I'm still a 2nd Lieutenant. I really haven't been here much lately :(

I don't have the time to spend too much here. the reasons are my parents and the other activities in my freetime. And the ranks are not so important for me...the right rank in my job later is more important (anybody saw the joke? If I think of the last time I learned for math..long ago,too long...and the class-exercise in two weeks! :eek: And some others before! Nothing done for it...have to change it.Okay, during the next weeks it could be less time I spend here...I just imagine less WC and a 5- in math are better than a six and 1 month no Internet!!! This would be deadly! I month not here (some people would like that, to see me not here for 1 month, but me not).

Originally posted by TC
Number of posts really doesn't matter that much. If they're crap no one will care, if there's some quality it doesn't matter how many posts you have.

I fully agree...
Just look at Fenris, pendell and Iceberg (just to mention a few), still cadets and yet an enormous contribution to the "Kilrathi War" thread, among other things...

Originally posted by Quarto
And certainly, 300 posts are nothing to brag about. Come to think of it, excessively large numbers of posts mean only that you need to spend less time here... ;)

I'm not bragging at all...
In fact with my post, I just realised how addictive Wing Commander can be (and how miserable and boring my life was :))...

Yeah, quantitity doesn't very often go along with quality...
and I just wanted to think of quality (have to). I even wonder why I am allowed to sit here for so long at the moment...can come because my parents are still in bed...so they can't push me away (but I didn't get up for WC at 8 o'clock a Sunday morning..so stupid wouldn't I never be...I have to go to lessons today...*g*. But they aren't at school :)).

Back