So is this it?

Hey Just noticed Deadman your probably the only person on this forum that lives near me. Kudos to fellow New York people!!!!

One of the CIC staff members lives less than 20 miles from Albany (and just moved away from right next to the city itself). Like LOAF said, that area seems to have a fairly high Wing Commander fan density. I can never wrap my mind around how close all those Northeastern cities and states are to each other. Portland and Vancouver are a good 150 miles from me, and there's no other comparable city for 750-1000 miles in any direction.

One of the CIC staff members lives less than 20 miles from Albany (and just moved away from right next to the city itself). Like LOAF said, that area seems to have a fairly high Wing Commander fan density. I can never wrap my mind around how close all those Northeastern cities and states are to each other. Portland and Vancouver are a good 150 miles from me, and there's no other comparable city for 750-1000 miles in any direction.

... and then there's me that has to drive six hours to get to anywhere of a significant size, and even then it's only a fraction of somewhere like Vancouver, or Seattle. Of BCs roughly 4.4 million people more than 3.4 million of them are in Vancouver/ Fraser Valley/ Vancouver Island/ Okanagan (and 2.2 million of those are in Vancouver). The rest of us are scattered about the other 850,000 square kilometers (aproximate... I actually calculated it, of a total of 924,815.43 SQ KM) of the province.

Canada ayy, I one time had a sandwich in montreal ayy :) .....Dundradel your from Bahstin? :) Valatie is nice a country like setting. I get stuck living in the city but it's relatively quiet aroudn Albany tho not much goes on cept a few stabbings here n there, few shootings, ya know stuff ya see on COPS n what not ~~~

I lost track of this thread...

I'm quite familiar with Woburn! That's awesome. We should do a WC convention somewhere between Albany and Boston (heh, I guess that narrows it down, eh?)

After driving cross country for training all during the summer, I really understand the differences in just how vast the midwest and the west are compared to the northeast. I can get to NYC from Boston in about 3, 3.5 hours tops. The culture changes so quickly up here - mere miles can separate an entire way of life and thought.

I was up in Albany a couple of times for college hoops. Great town!

I lost track of this thread...

I can get to NYC from Boston in about 3, 3.5 hours tops. The culture changes so quickly up here - mere miles can separate an entire way of life and thought.

I just drove from My home; Gloversville to NYC yesterday and it took about 3 1/2 hours to get there and about the same back, and that was at night with little or no traffic. Then again I was heading to Levittown NY. Two months ago I had to drive from Senaca falls (just south of Boston) and it took almost 6 hours of driving on the NYS Throughway, LIE, parkways.... On the way back...was almost 8 hours becaus of traffic then again I drive like an old lady and never go more then 7 miles over the speed limit (72 mph). Commuted to Seneca Falls for almost 6 months...and that takes at least 2 1/2 hours with light trafic. 3 hours with all the road work during summer months.
In short...what kinda jet engin (or radar detector) do you have on your car!? I need to got one. ;)

... and then there's me that has to drive six hours to get to anywhere of a significant size, and even then it's only a fraction of somewhere like Vancouver, or Seattle. Of BCs roughly 4.4 million people more than 3.4 million of them are in Vancouver/ Fraser Valley/ Vancouver Island/ Okanagan (and 2.2 million of those are in Vancouver). The rest of us are scattered about the other 850,000 square kilometers (aproximate... I actually calculated it, of a total of 924,815.43 SQ KM) of the province.

haha I used to live in Richmond, one of the suburbs of Vancouver, it was a pretty nice place, close to everything. I live in Kamloops now, which feels weird, cuz its a pretty big town but there arent any suburbs around, which feels strange to me for some reason. wonder how many other BCers there are on these forums, its be nice to meet someone face to face that also likes Wing Commander, theres no one around here that I know of that does.

I've noticed a lot of New Englanders lately. Eltee I live up the road from you in Woburn.

Likewise, we all aren't too far from each other. I live down in Attleboro, and I've met a few others around this area as well... oddly most New Englander Wingnuts seem to be centralized in Ma.

Likewise, we all aren't too far from each other. I live down in Attleboro, and I've met a few others around this area as well... oddly most New Englander Wingnuts seem to be centralized in Ma.

You can go bother Trelane then. He's right down the street.

In short...what kinda jet engin (or radar detector) do you have on your car!? I need to got one. ;)

hmm - while I acknowledge that I tend to drive at high rates of speed (superchargers help...) , I find that the time I experience is pretty constant. Departing Boston, I take 90 to 84 to 684 to 287 to 87. The real trick for me during the week is to avoid rush hour (although it's really felt the worst only in 3 locations - Boston to Worcester, Hartford, and whichever bridge I use for the finale- GW or the Tappan Zee.)

My record as it stands now is 2hr and 39 minutes. I really should have been arrested that day - but hey, a bet's a bet, right? ;)

BTW, visual scanning is key! Don't rely too heavily on radar detectors - they will make you lazy!!!

hmm - while I acknowledge that I tend to drive at high rates of speed (superchargers help...) , I find that the time I experience is pretty constant. Departing Boston, I take 90 to 84 to 684 to 287 to 87. The real trick for me during the week is to avoid rush hour (although it's really felt the worst only in 3 locations - Boston to Worcester, Hartford, and whichever bridge I use for the finale- GW or the Tappan Zee.)

My record as it stands now is 2hr and 39 minutes. I really should have been arrested that day - but hey, a bet's a bet, right? ;)

BTW, visual scanning is key! Don't rely too heavily on radar detectors - they will make you lazy!!!

No kidding. I agree with you. I timed myself, taking the right roads, at the right pace, I was able to get from Boston to Plymouth in 35 minutes. Once ya get on the highway its easy, 93 to 3 and, well, you get the idea. Honestly I would have moved out of Mass by now as I'm not really fond of the state as a whole. But what can I say, my heart has, and will always remain in Boston. I love that city.

Back