So has anyone extrapolated the stats of older fighters as they would be in Prophecy?

gavinfoxx

Rear Admiral
Hi there, I was wondering if anyone has managed to extrapolate, based on in game performance and such, the stats of older fighters as they would exist in the Prophecy game? I would like, if anyone has figured out from the data files, to know what the "not shown" stats for the Wraith in Standoff are, things like Gun energy, acceleration, rotational acceleration, gun recharge, shield power, shield recharge, etc. Also, does most of you guys agree with their interpretation of the Wraith's capabilities in Standoff? What about the other Standoff fighters?

YES, there should be definitely a cross-generational Wing Commander combat simulator :) Think Academy meets Armada meets Prophecy Multiplayer...

Hi there, I was wondering if anyone has managed to extrapolate, based on in game performance and such, the stats of older fighters as they would exist in the Prophecy game?

There's a lot of speculation, but there's no way to authoritatively "extrapolate" this type of information. You can't just go and multiple all the WC1 stats by 8 and the WC2 stats by 6 and say that now you've got something comparable to WC3. This is because the ships themselves are all living designs that are constantly improving and being refined throughout the war.

YES, there should be definitely a cross-generational Wing Commander combat simulator :) Think Academy meets Armada meets Prophecy Multiplayer...

That's a lot more than cross-generational... but if cross-generational is what you're looking for, Wing Commander Arena delivers!

No I mean, just take the actual STATS that give equivalent performance in the prophecy engine, and figure out what those WOULD be, so it would fly exactly the same.

IE, not canonical at all, but a way to get more data based on 'how the thing flies'.

gavinfoxx said:
No I mean, just take the actual STATS that give equivalent performance in the prophecy engine, and figure out what those WOULD be, so it would fly exactly the same.

IE, not canonical at all, but a way to get more data based on 'how the thing flies'.

I don't think that's too much different. The Standoff team had a hell of a time trying to balance in the right stats for all the old fighters that they imported to the Prophecy engine. No amount of tweaking will get the ships to all feel right to different people, so it comes down to an exercise in what people think things should be.

Okay, can someone link me to ALL of the various mysterious LOAF excel spreadsheets, once and for all??

I would also, uh, LIKE the 'full' stats of the standoff fighters as they exist in standoff? that'd be great... >,<

Are those anywhere??

There's a word that's seldom used in today's society. It's a little archaic and quite unfashionable, I know, but that word happens to be 'please'. :p

That aside, I'm not sure what the aim of this quest is supposed to be. I do, however, recall using WCPedit to go through the Prophecy ships' statistics. Similarly for WC1. It seems that none of the games' internal statistics match the published ones given in manuals and such. I'm not sure if WCPedit will work with Standoff, but it's worth a try.

Oh, uh, sorry about that... It was 1 am, and I guess I was overtired...

Can someone please help me find those? I'd really appreciate it.

Hmm, WCPEdit you say? I'll have to take a look at that...

I'm not sure if WCPedit will work with Standoff, but it's worth a try.

If I understand things correctly it can, but I think you have to extract all the TRE files first.

There are other ways to look at the stats on the models using some of the other tools but I don't recall them off hand.

If I understand things correctly it can, but I think you have to extract all the TRE files first.

There are other ways to look at the stats on the models using some of the other tools but I don't recall them off hand.

Yep, thanks to you Ryock, I learned to use wcpedit last year after you gave a few pointers

It will work just fine with Standoff ships, you only need to extract the 'ships' folder from the following TREs:

stan__e1.tre
stan__e2.tre
stan__e3.tre
stan__e4.tre
stan_sim.tre

Be advised though, WCPedit won't recognise the Standoff weapons - it will detect them, but it will display then as the Secret Ops equivalent - i.e. the 'Neutron gun' will show up as the 'Dust Cannon.' You'll soon learn the equivalents if you use it enough.

Also, if you're using the same program to alter gun layout, the MESH directories will also need to be extracted from the same files.

Yep, thanks to you Ryock, I learned to use wcpedit last year after you gave a few pointers.

You should be thanking Thomas Bruckner, I think he's the one that made the editor. And barring that, you should be thanking Quarto and Eddie who have provided me with endless hours of knowledge answer the most mundane and stupid of questions about WCSO editing.

Back