SO Guide Update

Barrie has been nice enough :) to allow me to work on an update to the SO Guide. I’ve reworked the design entirely to more accurately match the format of the Prophecy guide. (Which is what Barrie had intended all along.) I’m also adding a few things as well.

I need some help though. I corrected the mistakes that I’ve found but would appreciate it if everybody could post any mistakes that they’ve found. (Barrie did a good job so I don’t expect much.)

I also wanted to add the passwords. I have a question on the loosing passwords. Do you receive the loosing password “any” time you fail a mission on “only” when you go down the loosing path? I presume it’s only when you go done the loosing path.

I’m also adding in a “Release of Events” which will show which fiction was released on what days. Going through the WCNews archives I’ve been able to place almost all of them accept for two episodes, 3 and 5. If anybody knows what was released on each of the days so that I can chart it I’d appreciate it.

Is there a 3D ship viewer for SO that I use to view each of the ships and take a snapshot of? I need it for a correction as well as another project.

I appreciate all the help you folks can give. :D
Thanks

Shades2585 said:
I also wanted to add the passwords. I have a question on the loosing passwords. Do you receive the loosing password “any” time you fail a mission on “only” when you go down the loosing path? I presume it’s only when you go done the loosing path.

I'm not 100% on this, but if you end up on the losing path for a particular episode it's fairly certain that you'll get the losing password. Not only that but you probably get the losing password for failing particularly important missions (such as defending the Ella starbase).

Shades2585 said:
Is there a 3D ship viewer for SO that I use to view each of the ships and take a snapshot of? I need it for a correction as well as another project.

Thomas Bruckner made a plug-in for 3D Exploration (or whatever it's called now) that can view the game's ship model files. The models can be extracted from the TRE files with HCl's TRE Manager utility.

I have idea how to use it but I'll give it a try. Are 3D Exploration and Deep Exploration the same progrem and will his patch work with the current version or will I have to find an older one?

Shades2585 said:
I have idea how to use it but I'll give it a try. Are 3D Exploration and Deep Exploration the same progrem and will his patch work with the current version or will I have to find an older one?

I think they're the same thing.. I know 3D Exploration was renamed at some point. Not sure if the plug in works with all versions. It's years since I used it.

Back