So... Good Day

That's fantastic. You're awesome, all of you, the CIC staff, the WC community, EA, Mr. Telep, the poster man, just everyone!

Very true ! Wing Commander is 20 years old ! My God how much time has passed...

The last game was 12 years ago but this community still rocks and still has news that makes a WC fan excited !
:p:p

Thank you for the reminder! Yes, editing is complete and we're in the process of formatting it for release. It should be here *soon*.

And before that, the Tiger Claw cutaway! Any day now...

Any ideas what format you will be releasing in? PDF? ePUB? MOBI?

Doesn't really matter too much I just plan to use Calibre to convert to a Kindle friendly format :)

This is really fantastic! It speaks volumes about the livelihood of this community. I guess I am going to have to go read all the WC books again!

@Bandit: Thanks for all the hard work you put into this community. Because of what you and others at the CIC we get treasures like this. I haven't been anywhere near as active on the forums as I used to be, but I do visit the CIC every single day and stuff like this always brings a smile to my face. So thanks for that.

Patience. Proofing and editing an almost 400 page manuscript takes a long time when you have many other obligations that come before it.

LOAF can give you a more up to date answer, but the presentation also plays into it. Per the agreement with Mr. Telep, we need to develop a nice way to format it online too. I believe LOAF and Ninja are working on that.

Thank you for the reminder! Yes, editing is complete and we're in the process of formatting it for release.

Well we know that the editing is complete, but it is probably taking time to develop the artwork and format the website. Little surprised it would be taking this long considering the wealth of art talent here.

Say, you know what would be an interesting idea? A public contest for an artist to develop the artwork/graphics for the online novel.

Hey guys,
I'm sorry for not updating you all on this sooner--I'm honestly surprised by how many people are interested.

I can't... exactly say what I've been working on the past few months yet, but it has been keeping me from working on some projects. We're expecting the art for Pigrim Truth real soon, though, and I promise we'll have it up soon.

Almost unrelated -- how are you figuring the years for Tolwyn in your .sig? He's 21 at the start of Action Stations (on 2634.089), so shouldn't he be born in 2613?

I wasn't pushing, just very interested. I realize this is a big project and it's going to take a while, but I'm really excited; I mean, this is the first canonical Wing Commander media to come out in how many years (although I think special dispensation should be made for Standoff - that game is brilliant, easily as good as any other WC game if not better). I'm stoked about the book release, can't wait to get my hands on it. Many thanks to Loaf and Peter Telep for keeping the dream alive and working so hard to release Truth.

Almost unrelated -- how are you figuring the years for Tolwyn in your .sig? He's 21 at the start of Action Stations (on 2634.089), so shouldn't he be born in 2613?

Wait if he is 21 in 2634.089 and we are not told specifically that it's his birthday(witch will end any speculation about his date of birth), it means that his 21st birthday occured between 2633.090 and 2634.089- witch means that he was born between 2612.090 and 2613.089 so, either 2612 or 2613 may be his year of birth unless we are given some extra clue, (IE his birthday in february (in fact on any day of the year before 1 of April) will indicate 2613) as there are more days between .089 and .365 than .001 and .089 its safe tu assume 2612

Where is it stated that his birthday is April 11? Birthdays aren't exactly something that would commonly come up in a war game/novel... except maybe for a fellow pilot.

Good question! It's from the Kilrathi Saga calendar, which notes the birth dates (but not years) of several major characters.

Yeah, I remember trying to figure this out some time ago. It has to be squared with Kruger's age, which is outright given as twenty-one (AS 56) and Turner's offhand remark that he would have graduated with Tolwyn had he been accepted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back