SO Fiction file

Shane

Spaceman
Was looking through the CIC and found the following.

Secret Ops fiction viewer (4250k) - Requires Fiction File Download.

Anyone have an idea where I can find the Fiction File Download?

Yes -- you have to manually download all the fiction from SecretOps.com... very annoying, but we're legally prohibited from hosting them here.

I've seen the Wing Commander Documentaion download on the site. I thought it was just install instructions. Or is it somewhere else? Is the fiction on the Secret Ops CD, by chance?

It should be on the Secret Ops CD.
I can not guarantee it though (because I do not know how you got it).

What words of wisdom do you have for us LOAF?

Shane: The documentation isn't the fiction. The docs are just that - how to install and play the game. The fiction are all those e-mails, "eyes only" reports and ISDN articles that you can take a look at on the SO website. Basically, the fiction viewer is just an offline version of the SO website - but as LOAF pointed out, nobody's allowed to distribute the actual fiction, so you must download that part manually. And there's an awful lot of files...

Where's the download site for the docs located? I guess if I wanted I could just cut and paste the stuff into one big Word document. Wouldn't need the viewer then.

Go here. At the bottom of the screen, you will find two options. "Episode Selection" leads you to the fiction for each of the episodes. "Secure message archive" leads you to the pre-SO fiction.

But be warned, there's a lot of it...

Affirmative. Each and all of them. And that's quite a number.

------------------
The WC Source Code Release Project needs you!
"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings
"...we follow the sun, we follow the sun, we follow the sun..."

Member of the LMG(Centaurian)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well it shouldn't take up too much space on your HD.
smile.gif

Kain said:
yes it was,in the manual.

Wrong fiction bud. We're talking the online only fiction, not the stuff that came with the WCPG manual. Two different variaties. They each offer their own pluses.

------------------
Member of the LMG and hating it (Disgruntled Man)
Real heros wear SCBAs, not capes.--Me.

Would have been nice if they could have thrown it on the CD. Oh well. I just went ahead and cut and pasted the HTML stuff into a word document. May covert it to PDF and create an index, but probably not. MOre work than necessary. Thanks for the info guys.

Back