SO custom Ship questions

Shaggy

Vice Admiral
Well I finally got a fully registered and working 3D rendering program, before I was using demos that wouldn't allow you to save to 3DS format.
Anyway, with the program I'm using now you can build different pieces of whatever you want to construct and then join them together. But every piece will have the same texture after that. Will this matter if all the pieces are joined? Or do they need to be separate?
What are the best programs to use for actually converting them over to the Vision engine, I've got all of the programs HC1 had on his site but I was wondering if there was anything new out there.:)

Originally posted by Shaggy
Well I finally got a fully registered and working 3D rendering program, before I was using demos that wouldn't allow you to save to 3DS format.
Anyway, with the program I'm using now you can build different pieces of whatever you want to construct and then join them together. But every piece will have the same texture after that. Will this matter if all the pieces are joined? Or do they need to be separate?
What are the best programs to use for actually converting them over to the Vision engine, I've got all of the programs HC1 had on his site but I was wondering if there was anything new out there.:)

Pray tell, what program do you have? (I've had Truespace 2, but I ordered v4 of it earlier this week...should be tasty!)

I'm using Cybermedia's Cybermotion 3D designer 5.01. I started using a demo of it and I like it quite a bit, it's pretty easy to work with.:D

Back