Right-click -> Properties -> Compatibility:

Attachments

• kkkompatibility.jpg
    kkkompatibility.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 123
Thanks Dudes

Damn my XP Operating system!!!!

We should all revert to Win98!!!

Seriously, thanks for your help guys, everythings working smoothly now.

Jason_Ryock said:
Damn my XP Operating system!!!!
We should all revert to Win98!!!
Seriously, thanks for your help guys, everythings working smoothly now.

Well, I wouldn't be able to have 200 gig partitions of my hard drive in Windows 98. Nor would I be as stable or get as high transfer speeds on my internet connections. As long as we have the Win 98 Compatibility mode tool, we have the best of both.

ChrisReid said:
Well, I wouldn't be able to have 200 gig partitions of my hard drive in Windows 98. Nor would I be as stable or get as high transfer speeds on my internet connections. As long as we have the Win 98 Compatibility mode tool, we have the best of both.

200 gig hd? You really have that much on one physical disk? Sides it is always better to partition even with NTFS...

Higher speed? WTF? What does XP have to do here?

cff said:
200 gig hd? You really have that much on one physical disk? Sides it is always better to partition even with NTFS...

Higher speed? WTF? What does XP have to do here?

This computer has 275 gigs.. One 200 and one 75 physical drive. I bought the 200 for the sole purpose of having a 200 gig partition.. I really enjoy my big drives. But my drive sizes are nothing compared to Hades or Byydo's.

As for speed, I've tried all manner of tweaks and things to squeeze out the best transfer rate that I could in Windows 98. I could sustain about 180 k/sec from the fastest servers. Instantly after I installed Windows XP I was getting a good 212 k/sec or so from lots of places. Maybe I'm just lucky, but I can't argue with an across-the-board 15% jump in bandwidth.

:eek: No it isn't. :eek: The question is not why he has all that space, but is eating away at 268GBs? :eek: Hades, have you installed a bunch of pacmans on your machine? :eek:

I'm one of the hard-drive peons of WingNut, sporting a paltry 100GB, but even so, I still have 80GB free. It's because I don't have gigs and gigs of hentai. I need to get to work on that.

I've a question reguarding Special Ops. Must the files be installed in my Prophecy folder? Also does the Secret Ops file include full Audio (Sound Effects, Speech, and Music)?

Secret Ops is a completely separate game to Prophecy. Prophecy doesn't even need to be installed. If the package you downloaded was the 100+ meg one, it has full speech and music.

Wow, over 200Gig HD, I fell puny. Up until a year and ahalf ago, I had a 4 gig HD. Now I have a 20 gig and about 10 gigs free (considering about 4 gigs are TV shows). Though I do have a tendency to burn everything I download to CD/DVD.

C-ya

I´ve been trying to download the SO main package from the CIC FTP and I still can´t do it. A "cannot find server" message appears when I click on the link posted at the files section. Any ideas?

What are you using for your browser and FTP client? Perhaps your browser/client doesn't like spaces in filenames. The link on the files page works because I just tested it.

I just use IE 6.0. It works fine with other FTP and www sites in general...

Here´s the error screenshot:

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 93
I get an error message which says:

"Internet Explorer cannot download ...opsfull - Secret Ops Full.exe from ftp.wcnews.com.

The server returned extended information."

Never mind, I got it working by entering first into ftp://ftp.wcnews.com/files, then clicking on "SO", than clicking on the file. But still, it didn´t work by clicking the link on the files section.

Back