Smite, smike?

Shipgate

Rear Admiral
See, I was wondering if it was all a test of Roman Lynch. While we can all agree there never was a guy on Liverpool refinery waiting for us (sorely disappointed), if his name was Smite, then that means we were meant to be smitten before we got there. It wasn't smike was it?

Revenge! The worst part about Privateer is that there's no cinematic sequence where you have your revenge on Roman Lynch. And why is it that Miggs can fly a ship. I mean it doesn't even say "Talk to Miggs" when you point at him. It just says, "Miggs." I'll get you Lynch!

Cheers mates!

The name was Smythe.

You don't kill Lynch; he returns as the 'faction fixer' guy in Righteous Fire.

While we can all agree there never was a guy on Liverpool refinery waiting for us . . .

Perhaps not waiting for you, but the Privateer Playtesters’ Guide states that what Lynch tells you about Smythe–that he found important info at Oxford and is now being detained by the authorities–is true.

Ah . . . pay an assload of cash and have everyone not-quite hate you, once again. Just to have several of them turn hostile later, so that you're suddenly no longer surrounded by friends, but enemies.

I prefer the neutral setting for most factions. They greet you with suspicion and a certain amount of intimidation and I feel that’s the right “tension” for the Sector, especially as it matches your own anticipation as you approach a jump point wondering if you’ll find friend or foe.

Back