Smaller Midway?

Lt.Overload

Rear Admiral
I looked at a picture of the Megacarrier called TCS Midway from Arena, and the Midway looks a little bit smaller than the WCP Midway. I was also wondering if the Midway has a plasma weapon.

The Midway 'class' carrier in Arena is actually called the 'Port Broughton' it doesn't have a plasma weapon, in fact it doesn't have much for defense at all.. it was scuttled during the Nephilim war and taken over by a private group to use as a base.. its defended (and attacked) by mercenaries.

And it is actually a little bit bigger than it was in prophecy, it just looks smaller because you are sitting outside your fighter playing arena, instead of looking at it through a cockpit view.

According to what we know from S*S the Midway is still serving as the Confederation flagship. It's not reported as being one of the carriers lost.

Dundradal said:
Midway Class MegaCarriers Status

I put (?) after most of these because I think we can only definitively know about the ones that Chandra knows for sure. The destruction of the the Sirius wormhole apparently stranded at least the TCS Port Broughton and Bataan in alien territory for sure. The others are either the also lost in alien space, destroyed or still defending Confed space.

TCS Midway - Active (?)
TCS Mistral Sea - Lost
TCS Tafanda Bay - Active(?)
TCS Coral Sea - Active(?)
TCS Jutland - Lost
TCS Ptoloman's Rift - Active(?)
TCS Enyo III - Active(?)
TCS Bataan - Lost in alien territory
TCS Tripoli - Possibly lost but no news to author
TCS Port Broughton - Active as space habitat

That's from this thread when we started to break down the info from S*S

TCS Port Broughton was Midway class? That makes 2 Megacarriers. Where are the other 8 that were supposed to be launched? And how long was the Mistrel Sea active until it was destroyed? I don't have Arena (shoot me!!) so I never seen any action. And does Star*Soldier or Arena gameplay tell what happened to the Proxima wormhole?

midway.jpg

https://cdn.wcnews.com/newestshots/full/arena-midway.jpg
They look very different, and I think Midway (Arena) looks smaller (not image size wise). I could be wrong. As I said, I never played Arena, but I've spent 10 years on the Midway... >.> Yes PROPHECY!

Last edited by a moderator:
TCS Port Broughton was Midway class? That makes 2 Megacarriers. Where are the other 8 that were supposed to be launched? And how long was the Mistrel Sea active until it was destroyed? I don't have Arena (shoot me!!) so I never seen any action. And does Star*Soldier or Arena gameplay tell what happened to the Proxima wormhole?

Umm there were 10 Megacarriers in the first run. That's mentioned in WCP and SO fiction.

The others were launched following the events of SO. IIRC Mistral Sea was launched a few months after the Midway.

Why don't you just read S*S for yourself? It's right here

And again the Port Broughton was scuttled originally. It's hulk was later utilized to create the Port Broughton space habitat. That's why it's covered in extras, those are a result of it being a port-of-call instead of a carrier.

Last edited by a moderator:
Star*Soldier is kinda like Waypoint...Ah...I loved Waypoint. I written a few Waypoint issues. Hell with it. Star*Soldier has a picture of Maniac from the Midway? What happens to Marshall in Arena?

Star*Soldier has a picture of Maniac from the Midway? What happens to Marshall in Arena?

It's the cover from his autobiography; what looks like a Prophecy-era shot of him grinning and giving the thumbs-up sign.

He's alive.

What happens to Marshall in Arena?

The game itself doesn't have any story elements. Most of what we are talking about when we mention Arena comes directly from S*S. Take the time and read the whole thing. I'm sure it will answer most of your questions.

It is Prophecy era, in fact, It's the picture Casey was throwing the handball at after he fought (kinda) Maniac. Remember? Blair had to talk to him. Damn Aliens killed the most decorated pliot in confed.

What is the guy like, 4,000 years old? God, I think I've heard just about everything.

It is the 28th century. I'm sure some methods have come along to extend the human life. Think about Vance Richards he's probably the oldest character we are familiar with, but don't quote me on that.

That was a quote from Prophecy:

Zero:...Confed's got their greedy little fingers into everything. What's a few credits here and there?

Dallas: Well don't tell that to Commodore Blair, after all the Midway was his idea.

Casey: Oh no, not Blair again. For years at the academy all we hear about is Blair this and Blair that. Savior of the Confederation, Most Dercoated Pliot, blah, blah, blah,what is the guy like, 4,000 years old? God, I think I've heard just about everything. *turns around and sees Blair* Except that he was on board the Midway...

Back