Sky Captain and The World of Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just seen it yerterday... what a cool movie ! Of course, you've have to not take this movie too seriouly to enjoy it. I heard a lot of negative comments while getting out of the theater, so I guess it's not the kind of movie everyone enjoys.

I love the retro-furturistic setting, but I also the way the movie was shot and cut; it's so retro ! I mean, closeups on objects, hands and text, villain music when a villain show up, hero music when the hero shows up, round fade-ins-fade-outs, etc.

The whole movie feels like an old comic book from the 50's where ray-guns shoots energy rings, giant robots fire energy-ray from lit eye, etc. I feel it's the best comic-like movie I have ever seen.

And the humor ! And the heroic but sometimes failing hero! I'ts just like Indiana Jones. If you are an Indiana Jones fan, I am sure you will love this movie.

I don't understand.

"Don't bump old threads"

but if they were to start a new thread to talk about it

"This was already talked about in another thread"

What if people want to talk about this movie again?

The two aren't necessarily mutually exclusive.

In any case, while bumping old threads is frowned upon, a) 2 weeks is hardly a significant time period, and b) powell99 isn't a moderator or administrator of the forum.

On the other hand, T8HX, something a little longer than a one-line post might not have been a terrible idea. Not to say that you should load up a post with gibberish to bloat it, but going into at least a little detail about what you liked about it in particular. It needn't be a full novel, but something more would've been better than just the 3 words that made up your entire post.

I saw Sky Captain on opening weekend. I thought it was a great homage to the serials of old, but I did think that it was a bit slow in some parts.

powell99 said:
I am sorry I was just looking out for him
Did not want him to get in trouble or anything
Try looking out for yourself first - if you take a close look at the rules, you might just notice that there's a rule there that specifically forbids non-moderators telling people that they're breaking the rules.

Quarto said:
Try looking out for yourself first - if you take a close look at the rules, you might just notice that there's a rule there that specifically forbids non-moderators telling people that they're breaking the rules.

Irony abounds... :D

Seriously, we (admins/mods) prefer that others don't try to police the boards beyond reporting questionable posts (via the button with an exclamation point on it, near the IP address display), but realistically speaking unless people are actively abusing others while trying to play "moderator", the most that will happen is a verbal (textual?) warning, the first time.

Doing it after that warning is another issue, of course. Most people don't like being ignored, but the admins/mods can actually do something about it, if limited to the context of these forums.

Look on the bright side: somehow you managed to dumb up the thread where the guy was angry that the airplane-submarines in the giant robot movie weren't historically accurate.

That's a pretty impressive accomplishment.

powell99 said:
I am sorry I was just looking out for him
Did not want him to get in trouble or anything

Double U Tee Eff?

I know I did my fair share of assholery here (powell, I'm not calling you an asshole), but I kinda got sick of the non-moderator moderation. And I know I'm probably being a hyprocrit right now so....carry on.

I understand about your anger twoards non-mods, It's like how I hate Psychs miserable guts, So I wont shoot.

I don't see anything further good coming of the current direction this thread has taken.

*click*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back