Sins of a Solar Empire Action?

Jumpstart

Rear Admiral
Hey All,

Just curious if any of you guys play Sins of a Solar empire? I saw there was some discussion on these forums earlier on.

Anyways, if anyone plays I'd love to get some action going!

I started playing the demo and actually had a good time. Although, the unlimited forty-five minute battles should have been a warning as to how big it actually gets.
I've kind of been craving a good, story-driven, space game so I haven't decided if I want to pick it up. But now I'm busy with Darkstar One, Hellgate London, and Audiosurf. Maybe I'll hit it in the winter.

But now I'm busy with Darkstar One

Same here...not a bad game, fun to play, *shrug* I'm enjoying it...

Agh, Sins of a Solar Empire... I'd been hearing a bit about it lately and then, about two months ago, the local half-priced-books had a copy for $20. I wasn't sure if it was a good deal, as I hadn't expected to see it. Turns out I should have hit that like it was the last game on earth...and I missed it, it was gone the next day... *sigh* I suck again :p

I got my copy today and its fun. I miss a good plot but its still good and frankly I didn't played any story mission in any other 4x game ^_^

That's a good point.

There is no campaign mode to play through (though they are adding one in the expansion) but the game play is just awesome, if you're into the RT4X type of gameplay.

Imagine the RTS element of homeworld combined with the empire control of Imperium Galactica or something like that. IMHO, the game is definitely the best RT4X game ever made.

They've also released several patches (currently up to 1.05) which has further tweaked the game in a lot of ways. They're also working on a big 1.1 patch which will do even more.

Regarding the game length, the games can definitely be long if you're on a large map, but the great thing about it is that you can save a game and then continue on at a later time, a big plus to me. I would prefer to have one 20 hour long epic game as apposed to 20 1 hour games... but hey, that's just me. :)

Anyways, the game plays great over hamachi (a free VPN), if anyone ever wants to play, just PM me. And don't worry, I'm only a mid-line player, at best.

I've had it for a while now, and I very much enjoy it. A little too longwinded for multiplayer, though. At least, for the amount of free-time I have.

I've had it for a while now, and I very much enjoy it. A little too longwinded for multiplayer, though. At least, for the amount of free-time I have.

I agree the games are long, and like you, I have limited play time. But, that's where the save game option comes in handy. Remember, you can save MP games as well as single player games.

I had one game with a buddy of mine go on for a month, and we just played here and there where we could. Mucho fun!

Sins of a Solar Empire

I will say this, it has been along, LONG time since a game came out that grabbed me like this one did. The attention to detail and complexity of this game made me fall in love with it quickly. I thought the art of Video Game makeing had watered itself down to mass produced formula made games. IT is very much alive it seems.

Back