Single Missile for the Demon?

Disaster

Spaceman
Playing this game bringing back a lot of memories (good and bad) hehe

One question:

Trying to be pretty honest in playing this game, so I rarely edit my savegame files until i really get tired or something.

But when flying the demon, aside from the fact that it is a good ship with fast speed and center clustered guns for good aiming, I really do not like the fact that the ship will hold only ONE heatseeker missile.

I mounted 2 Ions and 2 Particles , plus a tractor, leaving one mount for a missile rack.

As I said, it holds only 1 missile.

Is there any way I can punch this number up to 10 on my save file or game file that is editable?

Thanks a million.

Disaster said:
Playing this game bringing back a lot of memories (good and bad) hehe

One question:

Trying to be pretty honest in playing this game, so I rarely edit my savegame files until i really get tired or something.

But when flying the demon, aside from the fact that it is a good ship with fast speed and center clustered guns for good aiming, I really do not like the fact that the ship will hold only ONE heatseeker missile.

I mounted 2 Ions and 2 Particles , plus a tractor, leaving one mount for a missile rack.

As I said, it holds only 1 missile.

Is there any way I can punch this number up to 10 on my save file or game file that is editable?

Thanks a million.

The demon really needs the considered "internal magazine" feature which would have traded some cargo space off for more stored missiles (think of it as a missle launcher that consumes cargo space).

Editing the Demon

I realize the editing part, but I'm no computer code expert.

Which code threat is the number of missiles possible?

I mean, I see the weapons mount threat (LIGHT-MEDIUN HEAVY- MISSILE something)

I just don't know what represents the "maximum number of missiles possible for arming"

Just a question...no body has to answer :)

You can buy the tractor beam mount upgrade. It can make the small 1 missle mount tractor beam capable. The other mount (where your tractor beam is now) is capable of holdin the standard amount.

Disaster said:
I realize the editing part, but I'm no computer code expert.

Which code threat is the number of missiles possible?

I mean, I see the weapons mount threat (LIGHT-MEDIUN HEAVY- MISSILE something)

I just don't know what represents the "maximum number of missiles possible for arming"
I'm not certain of this but the maximum number of missiles per missile mount is usually 10. If you add any the auto tracking capability to the missile launchers, then you won't be able to hold as many missiles.

When you're on the mounts field of [yourship].csv, you will notice that where you have missiles, there will be a number in front of some semi-colons (usually ten). I'm not totally sure becuase I haven't done any editing for a while yet but one of those numbers (if there's more than one I really can't remeber) represents the maximum number of missiles that mount can hold.

The Demon has one missile mount that holds five missiles, and one missile mount that holds one missile. If you had put the tractor beam on the mount that holds one missile, then the mount that holds five missiles would be free.

Ijuin said:
The Demon has one missile mount that holds five missiles, and one missile mount that holds one missile. If you had put the tractor beam on the mount that holds one missile, then the mount that holds five missiles would be free.
Right. Remember, this will cost you 90,000 credits, because you need to buy tractor capability for the rail that holds 1 missile. This is an intentional limitation of the Demon - it is fast, but when ganged up on can be torn to shreds faster than the Centurion because the Demon can't whip off a bunch of missiles while running away.

Back