Sim Questions

Tigerhawk

Captain
Howdy, folks,

The simulator is puzzling me, to say the least. I have two questions in this regard:

1. Is there any way to send my other scores to the Scoreboard? My first highest score was sent on the Kilrathi Gauntlet. I've since flown both gauntlets and in several different craft, none of which will download to the scoreboard.

2. How do you access the other fighters? (Arrow, Ferret, etc)? I had all three Episodes and the patch downloaded. I went so far as to download the full 100 meg file hoping to perhaps see something extra...no dice. Am I missing something, especially since I was just reading this morning about how great the Arrow is to fly in the simulator.

Thanks, folks!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Jesus Saves. All others take full damage.

You are sending scores as tigerhawk@crius.net. This is not your (or anyone else's) username here, so those scores will not show online. Earlier you sent two scores under Tigerhawk for the Kilrathi gauntlet, and those were recorded properly.

The how to play section has instructions for accessing more fighters.

Last edited:
Kewl

Okay, thank you. I apparantly got stupid from thinking that I needed to add the @ address.

Thanks much!

Tigerhawk said:
2. How do you access the other fighters? (Arrow, Ferret, etc)? I had all three Episodes and the patch downloaded. I went so far as to download the full 100 meg file hoping to perhaps see something extra...no dice. Am I missing something, especially since I was just reading this morning about how great the Arrow is to fly in the simulator.
In order to use the other ships, you have to type in the cheat code "alswantsmoreships" at the sim screen. Then, by pressing "z", you switch between the normal 7 ships and the 7 bonus ships.

another question: I finished the kilrathi gauntlet but in my profile it says only 90%...can someone explain what the numbers behind the percentage stand for? e.g. 12/115

The 12/115 means you've got the 12th highest score in a total of 115... leaving 90% of the other players behind you.

The Tarsus is no longer available after you install the ep. 3 patch (or after you install ep. 3 itself, if you downloaded it after the patch was released) - it's replaced by the Arrow. If you want to try it, you'd have to uninstall Standoff (just make sure you hold on to your savegames) and then re-install the first two episodes only. However, it's really not especially worthwhile - the Tarsus isn't that interesting to fly, and definitely nowhere near as fun as the Arrow ;).

Is it just me, or is the Morningstar amazingly powerful? It instakills Sartha fighters and can take most others down in two or three shots on full guns. If I was in charge of Confed, i'd be making these ships by thousands! Kamekh's fall like flies before these things.

Will the Morningstar be available in the next campaign, or is it forever doomed to the simpod?

There's no doubt about it, The Morningstar is a great ship with it's guns and a big nuke (which I find makes torp. runs easier). When it comes to dogfights, theres not much stopping it, but I still think that the Wraith is a true beast, you know, really fast, the best guns. Okay so you can't kill capships but its still great for maneuverability and its the only fighter my brother will ever fly when he has a go.

Crazy J said:
Is it just me, or is the Morningstar amazingly powerful? It instakills Sartha fighters and can take most others down in two or three shots on full guns. If I was in charge of Confed, i'd be making these ships by thousands! Kamekh's fall like flies before these things.
Well, the Morningstar certainly is supposed to be one of 2668's hottest fighters, by virtue of being a brand new ship that's only just gone into production. Remember, when it first appeared in WC2's SO2, it was still a prototype.

Will the Morningstar be available in the next campaign, or is it forever doomed to the simpod?
It's doomed to the sim.

Starkey said:
Any chance we get to fly a regular mission along with Morningstar wings from other carrier?
Hehe, you know very well that Morningstars make an appearance in ep. 4, you've already seen them in action. And yeah, they do also appear in regular missions once or twice.

By the way, folks, thanks much for the pointers on getting the Arrow. I'm not yet quite good enough for it all, but I've almost completely beaten the Kilrathi gauntlet with it, though taking out the heavy fighters/bombers (aka, Jalkehi and the like) can be a bit daunting and requires a few passes before I finally knock off enough armor to get at their core for some real damage). But then again, it just makes it that much more interesting and fun to fly. Tactics are definitely involved when flying an Arrow.

Great mod, guys! Thanks!

Starkey said:
I still have trouble handling a fighter that is almost as fast as its guns :)

~~~! I love it, actually. My favorite trick is to take up position behind some fighter who's dumb enough to turn his tail to me...I then afterburn right up his butt, firing my lasers all the way. If it's anything less heavy than a Jalkehi, and he doesn't maneuver so well, he's gone in about five seconds, tops.

Missile lock...? What's that...? Oh, you mean the thing trying to catch me and getting smaller in the rearview as I'm going 2100 kps? :D

The Arrow is alright; to little firepower for my tastes. You normally only have a fighter in your sights for a second or two, and you have to kill it that time. That's why I prefer the Morningstar. Though, with that kind of speed and manuverability, the Arrow could outfight any Kilrathi light fighter in the game.

Back