Signs

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
Just got back from Signs. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I thought it was pretty good. I liked the angle of there being a worldwide alien invasion.. yet you entirely experience the movie from Mel Gibson's farm house. There are many nice details such as the spot on the wall where the paint is not faded indicating he had removed his long-hanging cross. Everything comes together pretty well. Nice and suspenseful.

Saw it yesterday. A lot of it was typical M. Night Shyamalan, but what made Signs work was what made The Sixth Sense work also--the suspense. Unbreakable didn't have that, just a lot of whispered conversations, and it made for a pretty dull movie (although I liked the ending). But, yes, I liked Signs. Lots of humor, lots of suspense. I was looking foward to the shocking twist, which didn't come. Oh, well.

I liked the angle of there being a worldwide alien invasion.. yet you entirely experience the movie from Mel Gibson's farm house.

Me too. It was like the anti-Independence Day.

Unbreakable kicked ass. It was more human than most movies and it had better characterization than Sixth Sense.

Eh, like I said to my sister yesterday after we left the movie theater, maybe I need to give Unbreakable a second viewing.

I saw Signs a few days ago. I thought it was quite good. I jumped a few time from the suspence scenes, but that was mostly due to my step-mom jumping out and screaming wildly at that stupid claw (*slice*). I thought all the acting was great too, and I liked how somehow the whole dead wife sub-plot was tied in at the end.

Signs was absolutely awesome. I thought that the movie was very well done and was certainly scarey from many aspects of it. The Alien creature shots were equally kick ass. They didn't show enough of the creature so that it didn't wreck the movie. Sometimes I feel if you show too much of the creature it isn't as terrifying.

Back