Signs that the midway is nearing the end of its 90 day warranty

dacis2

Rear Admiral
1: both engines stall when doing a right turn and launching fighters at the same time

2: the wierd crane thingy carrying fighters to the launch tube begins dropping heavier craft with torpedo loads

3: Rachel asks for an assisted sucide brouchure from the captian cause her arms don't work any more

4: Midway is out of assisted sucide brouchures

5: The ships inertial dampners weaken after every jump, giving the crew each 50 lbs of braking force to deal with

6: All alchohol suddenly heats up and explodes

7: The simulator accidentally closes too early, snipping off a pilot's head

8: the bridge lights flicker intermittently giving the morse code message "you are a f#$%*&g b^%$#@d" , thus irritating a bomber pilot to fire a dumbfire at the bridge while the shields are down

9: the shield comes up again and the dumbfire explodes harmelessly against it, unfortunately so does the bomber

10: Casey freaks out as the computer crashes and loses his "most perfect flight in the entire of confed" record

any comments?

How about:

11) Launch bay doors don't open when taking a left turn and launching fighters at the same time. SPLAT!

Re: Re: signs that the midway is nearing the end of its 90 day warranty

Originally posted by OriginalPhoenix

"All your base are belong to us." :)

Phoenix...no comment.:D

How 'bout

13: Flushing the john... turns the laser turrets on!

AD

#15 The catapults frequently break down requiring the fighters to launch by taxiing down the launch tube and firing their thrusters once they are in space (kudos to Martian Successor Nadesico for this one...).

Originally posted by junior
#15 The catapults frequently break down requiring the fighters to launch by taxiing down the launch tube and firing their thrusters once they are in space (kudos to Martian Successor Nadesico for this one...).
HOW DO YOU KNOW WHEN THE MIDWAY IS BROKEN?
#15 WHEN SOMETHING BREAKS!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

junior, you're tooooooooo clever for me.

Originally posted by Frosty

HOW DO YOU KNOW WHEN THE MIDWAY IS BROKEN?
#15 WHEN SOMETHING BREAKS!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

junior, you're tooooooooo clever for me.

Pardon?
I get the feeling I'm missing something here...
Obviously, your sense of humor is far too subtle for a simpleton such as myself. This humble grasshopper stands in awe of your very presence.

On a totally unrelated note, I sped over the Midway at 10000 KPS recently (ain't WCPEdit great? :D) It took me three seconds. Due to my total mathamatical ineptitude I am unable to decifer the scale of the game.

Fighters travel at kps relative -- around a large ship this could be as slow as a few hundred meters per second or even less.

Yeah, I know the speed in the game was fudged for play reasons - I'm just trying to figure out how fast the ships move, using the Midway as a baseline...so far I've concluded that 1KM=.6 meters, engine-speaking...

Originally posted by Bob McDob
On a totally unrelated note, I sped over the Midway at 10000 KPS recently (ain't WCPEdit great? :D) It took me three seconds. Due to my total mathamatical ineptitude I am unable to decifer the scale of the game.

Ummm... I'm taking this as a joke? No offense intended! I mean, I have a total math ineptitude too... but....

Well, it's right in front of your face. 10000KPS = 10000 klicks per second. It took you three seconds. Since you go 10000 klicks every second, in three seconds you'd have moved 30000 klicks. So, the Midway is 30000 kilcks long (does anyone know the conversion for this to put it in miles/kilometers).

Hey wait! Is that speed a constant or were you in the process of accelerating :p ??

Well, once more information is given I can begin calculating the scale, which I'm guessing is 1/1.5 kajillion ;)

relative to what though?

If your ship is moving 10000 kps relative to a planet and the midway is also moving in the same direction at 9999 kps relative to the planet then the fighter is really only moving 1 kps in relation to the midway (where the fighter is moving relative to it)

Back