Signs that the midway is nearing the end of its 90 day warranty

Realistically, it depends on what you're stopping relative to. In that case, you're stopping relative to the midway.

TC

I start a joke based post and it turns into a physics based post, can this conversation move to another thread?

Originally posted by dacis2
I start a joke based post and it turns into a physics based post, can this conversation move to another thread?
just goes to show you some people take things way to seriously espcially things that are in a computer game thats supposed to be fun

16: The inertial dampening system stops working in the elevator shafts during any ship movements.

17: The ICIS gets grainy and only shows a feed of the head.

18: The elevator call button has a fifty-fifty chance of calling the elevator or firing the after-market anti-ship plasma cannon

19. Captain turns on intercom to realise the computer fills the whole ship with concentrated chlorine gas instead

20. The CAG dies of starvation after the elevator buttons stop working.

21. Catapults are bent, causing craft to slam into sides of the tube

22. One of these bombers is carrying a new "Dreadnought Missile"
which detonates, causing the total destruction of one of those huge long thingys which make up mist of the midway's hull

22. the fireworks for the confed day celebration is accidentally "lost" so the computer launches capship missiles instead.

23. those cap-miss hit sol station, blowing it up

24. the Midway is caught in the explosion, but thankfully the computer decides to divert ALL power to shields, including life support

25. 1/2 of the crew does of suffocation

Originally posted by dacis2
Topic drift is something that happens to any discussion, it's a fact of life, and I don't think we need to get all worked up every time it happens.
Originally posted by Newcommanderondablock
IIRC, everytime i stop in prophecy, the midway is always stationary. :cool:
Now see, if you'd taken the time to read a previous post made by LOAF:
Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Fighters travel at kps relative -- around a large ship this could be as slow as a few hundred meters per second or even less.
You'd know that the Midway only *appears* to stop, when really you're just moving right along with it.

Originally posted by junior

Pardon?
I get the feeling I'm missing something here...
Obviously, your sense of humor is far too subtle for a simpleton such as myself. This humble grasshopper stands in awe of your very presence.
look to anima the siries is real good.:D

26. The ship's computer starts reffering to you as "Nancy, my beloved wife"

27. The ship's computer plays Beethoven's 9th symphony every single time you press a button.

28. The computer software gets computer-schizofrenia and thinks it's windows Me (thus causing extreme frustration among the crew)

Originally posted by Battler Hawke

look to anima the siries is real good.:D

Anima is a psychological term (Jungian, I think) that refers to the female aspect of personality within everyone (psych wasn't my major, but I had an English instructor who did an entire lecture on Macbeth using Jungian psychology - so if I'm off, anyone can feel free to correct me).

I believe what you are refering to is known as 'anime', and since I specifically referenced a scene from 'Nadesico', I would suspect that I've already "look to... the siries..." that you are refering to.

I still fail to understand what that has to do with your response to my initial post in this thread.
Could you elaborate?

And getting back to the original thread...

#30 The computer says, "You sank my battleship!" each time a friendly cap ship gets blown up.

#31: You get the "Your carrier has been lost" message before you even get out of the launch tube .

#32: The Giant Plasma Crystal between the Midway's "Legs" (get your mind out of the gutter, dammit!) starts flashing in a syncopated rhythm, turning the Rec Deck into a disco joint.

#33: Rachel's too busy fixing problems with the Midway she doesn't have time to bitch you out for getting a teensy scratch on your fighters armor.

#34: "Bud Light" commercials start playing on the com channels intermittently while on patrol.

#35: The ICIS display shows Vector Graphics, despite the fact
that computers have had the capacity to generate high-quality raster images for seven hundred years by the time of WCP.

#36: Finley's so hard up to find working communications equipment that she uses Anderson's console in the briefing room to examine a Confed signal buoy instead of a lab elsewhere in the ship.

#37: The "best-armed ship in the confederation" can't hit a remora (OR a capship missile moving in a completely predictable linear path) with a laser turret to save it's life.

#38: The living quarters are in such bad shape they start making pilots live in the ready room (look CLOSELY at the room when Blair walks in for his "chat" with Casey).

#39. The Big Gun (for the LAST TIME, get your mind out of the GUTTER!) blows up the Midway instead of it's intended target when Rachel presses the Button.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Dudes, we forgot 29. Allright:

29. Midway's toilet's are turned into brainwashing machines by the ship's computer and they make every crewmember forget the number 29.

Talyn 83:

Fool! The number betwixt 28 and 30 is sacred to Bel-Shamharoth! If thou speakest that number once too often, Cthulthu's minions will issue forth from the depths and devour
us all!

Respectfully,

Brian P.

#40. The Damn Plasma Cannon actually works again and saves the day!

#41. WCP2 includes Stiletto and Casey actually... getting... *trails off*

#42. in WCP2, The Midway actually DOESN'T Get destroyed (look at all the other WC carriers... see a trend? Besides victory surviving.)

#43. The ICIS orders some fighters so Shrikes can be replaced... finally!.... by Scimitars.

#44. The damn launch tube throw's Maniac's Panther into Sol Station on the day he retires.

#45. Midway crashes into Origin HQ, ruining any chance for a sequel.

46: All the windows on the ship begin to leak badly

47: All the computers play you died music from assorted video games whenever you come back from a mission

48: The engines turn off and on by themselves

49: Half the doors in the ship won't open unless you kick them

Pendell: I do not fear Cthulthu. The great Talyn fears no-one.:D

Anyhew....

50. The captain starts thinking he is one of the knights who say... NIE, and sends all pilots out to find.... a shrubbery! (or chwubewy as it is sometimes pronounced.)

51. The cag starts singing "the lumberjack song" all day long.
I'm a lumberjack, and I'm OK,...

All together now...

MP rules!

Re: 40

Originally posted by Lt.Kaede_Lyaden
#42. in WCP2, The Midway actually DOESN'T Get destroyed (look at all the other WC carriers... see a trend? Besides victory surviving.)

The Intrepid survived as well. Or if it didn't we didn't hear about it. I think it was ready for decomissiong, though. Actually I think it had been that way for years :)

Back