Side Views of WC capships

Viper61

Spaceman
With all the fan projects going on I know that a ton of old capital ships have been revamped and are about to appear in their 3-dimensional splendor. I was going to see if the creators of some of these ships would like to post their work on the starship scale website (http://www.merzo.net/). He says he just wants orthagraphic view of the ships (which 3-D artists will know better than I what these are, but from what I can gather, they are just side views :) ) and I think it would be cool if you would send me these views of the ships (In a picture file maybe? I think a white or gray background would be best) and I'll send this guy the pics with the size info from our sources. I personally would like to see a WC section with the following in it (some of my choices may not even be in a fan project, but hell its a wish list), but if you think of something else, I'll send it along to him too :)

Concordia-class Carrier
Confederation-class Dreadnaught
Bengal-class Carrier
Vesuvius-class Carrier
Midway-class Carrier
Waterloo-class Cruiser
Talahasee-class Cruiser
Exeter-class Destroyer
Behemoth
Ralari-class Destroyer
Fralthi-class Cruiser
Fralthi II-class Cruiser
Ralatha-class Destroyer
Kilrathi Dreadnaught
Snakier-class Carrier

If you would send the images to bcswift@uark.edu along with who you want to credit with the redering, I'll email them to him and see if he would be interested.
We could cut out the middle man and have you send them directly to him, but I'd kindof like to have some pics of the renderings myself :)

Edit: oops, just noticed I put this in the General section. If you can live with it so can I, but feel free to boot it to fan projects section.

C-ya

i have no idea about arkensaw jokes, id assume though its much liek the tasmania of america. let me guess, there branded as red neck hicks who love incest and like making ppl squeel like pigs?

yeah i thought so, its the same as tasmanian jokes, tasmania i hear u say, yes u have a globe or map at the bottom of aus below victoria is an island that was once part of aus main land but broke away millenia ago.

they are our akensaw, actuall i think there worse stupid tasmanians and there fish and chips

That's such a myth about California, too...all California girls are Blonde...in every sense of the word.

Oh yeah, about the thread...it would be cool to see some of the other ships thrown onto that chart like he's wishing for, if they can be scaled correctly...would that be hard, scaling them to match the ones on the chart already?

Jason_Ryock said:
Oh yeah, about the thread...it would be cool to see some of the other ships thrown onto that chart like he's wishing for, if they can be scaled correctly...would that be hard, scaling them to match the ones on the chart already?
I'm under the impression that he does the scaling, he just needs an image and the size. I haven't received any replies from Fan Project artists :(
Hey, it may not be phonetic and it may not be the shiniest gem in the treasure box, but I'd like to see my states name spelled correctly at least once in this thread (other than Preacher)

C-ya

You just resize the picture of the ship. If the 300 meter Quizbang 1200 from Star Wars is 300 pixels long, then the 600 meter F-189 Quizbang XL from Wing Commander will be 600 pixels long. It's really, really easy.

Here's a nice rendered picture of a Paradigm!

Attachments

• paradigm.jpg
    paradigm.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 121
Bob McDob said:
Here's a nice rendered picture of a Paradigm!
Thanks Bob! I guess instead of seding them to me, everyone could just post them here and I'll get them.

BTW, Bob, I don't have a reference for how long a Paradigm is. So if you want to tell me and what source you used (site, guide, extrapiliation (sp?)) and the length, that would be great, mkay?

Thanks

C-ya

Thanks LOAF, now all I need is say a Vesuvius from UE guys (they are the only ones I know with a completed Vesuvius model), and a Confederation, Waterloo, Snakier and Fralthi from the Standoff guys (I would ask for your Concordia-class model but I think I want to post somethign along the lines of the WC4 version - IIRC yours was retextured to look more like WC2, right?) and I'll send that guy the pics and see if he wants to put them on the website.

Someone back a bit was posting a Ranger, Destroyer and Tallahasse they had done, I think it was Cam. Cam, did you ever finish those and if so can you give me a side view of them?

Thanks

C-ya

That will do fine :)

I also see you have a Behemoth and a Tallahassee cruiser model. Can you share those as well?

Also, LOAF, who do I credit with the Paradigm, Ralatha, Fralthi II, and Dreadnaught?

C-ya

Back