Ships Released

Lad? You're only 368 days older then I am.

I appreciate the response. Will there be a list posted somewhere at some point?

Are ALL (except WCP at the moment) enought ships for you ^__^
Well it will take some time to build them all, but I think we allready got most of them...WC3+4 complet and the other will follow.

Emphasis on WC3-4, with WC1-2 warships as icing on the cake. WCP models already have good textures and all of that stuff, plus a really great engine already.

WC1-2 stuff is icing on the cake because Standoff is really focusing on WC1-2 stuff with a plot that involves WC2 vessels and such, It's "ethics" to not step on their boundaries and let them cover the WC1-2 era. That way, you'll actually complement their work with WC3-4 instead of being in direct competition.

Also, if you add WCP, you'll have to add all the alien fighters, all their taunts, all the music and weapons from that game. Plus the logistics of trying to find out what's the *true* stats of the capships (in WCP, they didn't *blowup* persay, they just sat there and explode).

Sure we focus on WC3+4 primarly, but with all the ships from WC2 we have allready its just a small step to complete the WC2 timeline. Just add the missiong WC2 ships and then go over to the WC1 ships.
Beside that...Standoff is out of competition, cause we don't do any WC1/2 campains at the moment so that Standoff has this part for themself...and they are doing that very well. (I am just sorry that I can't test there stuff too ^_^)

I just would like to see everything in one engine...beside that it gives other people the possibility to choise between two different engines in the future, when they want to tell other WC storys.

And some of us who play and like both FS and WC would like the idea of being able to build their own missions without some of the fuss that can surround Secret Ops.

The FS2 Mission designer was one of the reasons we chosed the FS2 engine back in that days...beside that we know that a lot of changes would happen over time...like the HT&L stuff.

well, all of the ship that are now in the game are listed on our website.

Take care,

Tolwyn

That was why I asked. I'm pretty sure that it hasn't been messed with, although the page was last modified yesterday (from the HTML properties).

Back