ships question for gemini gold

matthew954

Spaceman
Ok, Ive been playing Gemini Gold for about 3 or 4 days. Its a great game, but there is only so much you can do with a Tarsus. I bought an Orion but hated it. so I went back to my older save file when i still had the Tarsus. My question is this, how much are the Galaxy and the Centurion? I read that the Galaxy and Centurion seem like better ships.

The Galaxy is 150,000 credits, the Centurion is 200,000.

The Centurion is the one that is decidedly superior -- the Galaxy is a transport ship, and so is only useful to a particular style of play.

Yeah. Go with the Galaxy if you're content to do nothing but cargo runs. You'll be wanting that Centurion when you get to Masterson's missions.

Which ship do you prefer is the best? I like the both of them. And im pretty sure I hate the Orion. The Galaxy sort of reminds me of a Republic Gunship, and can haul a huge load, yet the Centurion is the sort id want for fighting any Kilrathi that come my way.

It depends... the time i tried out the merchant way of life i found that the galaxy was the best, but if you want to take clean sweep and bounty missions, the Centurion is the way to go. Once you've figured out how you want to play the game, the choice is easy. :)

I find that the Galaxy is quite powerful with automatic turrets enabled--this allows you to have SIX guns trained on an enemy ship, four of which can shoot behind you.

If you go into the vegastrike.cfg file and remove the comment marks that disable the turret AI, then you can have autofiring turrets that track enemy targets. Once in combat, you can press CTRL-W for "weapons free", where the turrets will engage whatever enemy comes nearest, or ALT-T to order the turrets to engage the currently locked target. Use CTRL-R to lockdown the turrets if you want NOT to fire at an enemy--for example, if you are running contraband and fleeing from a militia patrol, and don't want to kill any of them becaue of the reputation hit it would cause.

Gemini Gold specifically disabled the automatic turrets because that's not something the Galaxy would normally be able to have.

The first time I went through the original Privateer, I flew the Orion and a buddy of mine had the Centurion. I dunno why, but I've always had a soft spot for the Orion, though I'm not sure if it has a "best" role that it fills.

Back