Ships of the Animated Series: Longbow (September 11, 2004)

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
The third and final Wing Commander III fighter, the F/A-76 Longbow-class Torpedo Bomber, is a true case of 'blink and you miss it'. It appears in two very brief shots as a Search and Rescue ship in Episode 4, "Word of Honor". We don't know when the Longbow enters service (this episode is its earliest appearance in the timeline), but we do know that it is retired by 2681, according to a Secret Ops lecture transcript.

--
Original update published on September 11, 2004

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you are speaking of the UBW's avenger, but the longbow also might have been to, since as seen above it was used for S&R work

That "Longbow" may very well be a Shuttle (whos design influenced the Longbow we all know and love). Just take a look at the aft section, Notice the four engines. On the Longbow, there is a turret where those engiens are. Therefore, we can assume that the vessel in "Word of Honor" is an SAR or Multirole Shuttle that influenced the design of the Longbow Bomber.

Hey, in the first (Arrow) of these news articles, you mentioned that you'd only be doing four of them, about the WC3-4 ships. I was wondering, maybe you could do some of the other harder-to-identify ships as well? In particular, I'm thinking about the ships Blair and Maniac fly at the end of Invisible Enemy. It sure would be nice to know what ship that is (assuming it's identifiable at all... I can't figure it out at all, although it bears some very vague resemblence to the Rapier II).

Quarto said:
Hey, in the first (Arrow) of these news articles, you mentioned that you'd only be doing four of them, about the WC3-4 ships. I was wondering, maybe you could do some of the other harder-to-identify ships as well? In particular, I'm thinking about the ships Blair and Maniac fly at the end of Invisible Enemy. It sure would be nice to know what ship that is (assuming it's identifiable at all... I can't figure it out at all, although it bears some very vague resemblence to the Rapier II).

I have good news and bad news:

* We'll be doing another set of these. I just finished a set of seven 'Wing Commander II' ships of the animated series bits.

But!

* No one knows what the hell that is. It's the one Academy ship that has no identification whatsoever.

Bandit LOAF said:
I have good news and bad news:

* We'll be doing another set of these. I just finished a set of seven 'Wing Commander II' ships of the animated series bits.

But!

* No one knows what the hell that is. It's the one Academy ship that has no identification whatsoever.

Yes I know two of them the Strakha Proto-Prototype and the Grikath

Bandit LOAF said:
We're talking about the Confed fighter that Blair and Maniac fly at the end of the episode.

Let me check Ep. 11.....looks like a semi-inverted Epee or a Sabre....

EDIT: Let me put a screencap on Imageshack....

If it has to be something from the games, then probably I'd say Rapier too (there's closer Sabre and Epee lookalikes in that episode with the confed hero gone rogue. IMO)... but it's really a stretch, and how many extra Rapiers do we still need? :p

Edit: doh, LOAF beat me to the Sabres and Epees (I assume we're thinking of the same ships)

or its a ship we dont see in the games. maybe one of the ships that Blair doesnt run into in the games. the small universe theory that we hear about on the threads so much

I though I saw a Durango class light carrier in WCA in one of the episodes. I don't remeber which episode but all I remember is, that a cap ship was destroyed when it crashed into a planet. I could be wrong, and I probably am.

I'm pretty sure the capship you're referring to is Prince Thrakhath's dreadnought, so it's not a Durango-class ;).

(there is some resemblence though, I'll give you that)

Back