Ship unlocking

Anyone know what warrents unlocking new ships? Seems like when I have gotten new ones, it was when I got a frag, make sense. But I have all but one of the Confed ships, and only 4 Kilrathi ships. I have been plaing with nothing but Kilrathi ships online and off for the past few days now and still not gotten any new ones.

Any ideas?

It seems to be tied into everything. LeHah, Chris and myself got our last ship by getting the Navigator achievement. Basically it seems like as long as you're doing whatever the type of game you're playing tells you to do (kills in FFA/teams, streaks in the Bearpit, achievements, etc) you should be working towards unlocking ships.

One thing we seem to know for sure is that you only work on unlocking ships as long as you are playing that side (ie. Playing Confed unlocks Confed and the same for Kilrathi).

The answer that has most often been said here, on IRC and in-game is that the more you play the more you will unlock. I hope this helps a bit.

Try winning a ranked game of free-for-all using Confederation ships.

Trust me, I've tried. I'm gangbusters against the bots, but those MP matches are really trying. I'm fine at flying, but most of the time my kills are "stolen" or amount to assisting someone else's killscore.

Trust me, I've tried. I'm gangbusters against the bots, but those MP matches are really trying. I'm fine at flying, but most of the time my kills are "stolen" or amount to assisting someone else's killscore.

Well, we'll round up the usual suspects tonight and help you get this one.

Actually, I'm still missing the largest of the Broadsword ships :(

Oh sorry forgot. All of us unlocked the Rapier Cavalier getting the achievement, I think it was just Chris and I's last ship. Don't worry though I'll probably be on later and I'm sure all of us can help you get it.

I hope sometime soon we can talk to Sean or someone about what causes certain ships to be unlocked. As I had the Arrows and Broadswords (except the lightest BS) by 9:30am EST on Arena Day. Other though didn't get some of those ships for a while. I actually unlocked the heaviest BS first.

Hey gang! Hades and I went through and tried to figure out some of the unlocking logic with a second Live account. Here's what I found... these aren't the *only* way to unlock the ships (there are apparently *many*, for each ship), but it's a system that worked:

F-27 Arrow Scout - Starter
F-27 Arrow Eclipse - 10 Kills in Melee
F-27 Arrow Guardian - 15 Kills in Melee
F-44 Rapier II Blade - Starter
F-44 Rapier II Vanguard - Wave 5 in Meteor Storm
F-44 Rapier II Cavaier- Earn Navigator Achievement
A-17 Broadsword Executioner - Reach Wave 5 in Gauntlet
A-17 Broadsword Warpig - 4 Kills in Ranked Duel
A-17 Broadsword Behemoth - Win Ranked Free-for-All

Darket Dragonfly - Starter
Darket Raptor - 10 Kills in Melee
Darket Stalker - 15 Kills in Melee
Dralthi IX Striker - Starter
Dralthi IX Shank - Wave 5 in Meteor Storm
Dralthi IX Rhino - 1 Kill in Ranked Free-for-All
Paktahn Phantom - Reach Wave 5 in Gauntlet
Paktahn Tusk - Earn Hibernation Achievement
Paktahn Mauler - Destroy a Capital Ship

Oh sorry forgot. All of us unlocked the Rapier Cavalier getting the achievement, I think it was just Chris and I's last ship. Don't worry though I'll probably be on later and I'm sure all of us can help you get it.

Note that I *didn't* get the Cavalier this way with my regular account - I earned 'Navigator' very early and it didn't unlock anything.

Hey gang! Hades and I went through and tried to figure out some of the unlocking logic with a second Live account. Here's what I found... these aren't the *only* way to unlock the ships (there are apparently *many*, for each ship), but it's a system that worked:

F-27 Arrow Scout - Starter
F-27 Arrow Eclipse - 10 Kills in Melee
F-27 Arrow Guardian - 15 Kills in Melee
F-44 Rapier II Blade - Starter
F-44 Rapier II Vanguard - Wave 5 in Meteor Storm
F-44 Rapier II Cavaier- Earn Navigator Achievement
A-17 Broadsword Executioner - Reach Wave 5 in Gauntlet
A-17 Broadsword Warpig - 4 Kills in Ranked Duel
A-17 Broadsword Behemoth - Win Ranked Free-for-All

Darket Dragonfly - Starter
Darket Raptor - 10 Kills in Melee
Darket Stalker - 15 Kills in Melee
Dralthi IX Striker - Starter
Dralthi IX Shank - Wave 5 in Meteor Storm
Dralthi IX Rhino - 1 Kill in Ranked Free-for-All
Paktahn Phantom - Reach Wave 5 in Gauntlet
Paktahn Tusk - Earn Hibernation Achievement
Paktahn Mauler - Destroy a Capital Ship

Note that I *didn't* get the Cavalier this way with my regular account - I earned 'Navigator' very early and it didn't unlock anything.

Good point and great work! Now I see why I had the Behemoth so early. I think the first game I played on Arena was a ranked FFA in the Boneyard.

Well, we'll round up the usual suspects tonight and help you get this one.

Thanks to your help, I not only unlocked the Ace and Deathstroke achievements last night - but finally finished the ring game! Let me tell you something - getting that achievement is really a point of pride, especially since that third level is really down to the wire.

Also unlocked my last Confed fighter and the Paktahn Mauler as well. Thanks guys!

The Cavalier!

ok so I did the navigator acheivment with the kilrathi and you don't get the cavalier that way is there another way of unlocking the cavalier for those of us who unlocked navigator with kilrathi? i've earned all the acheivments except for gunfighter and i'm ranked #4 in frags and i've played every game mode with terran ships, so i have no clue how to get that ship. any help? thnx

ok so I did the navigator acheivment with the kilrathi and you don't get the cavalier that way is there another way of unlocking the cavalier for those of us who unlocked navigator with kilrathi? i've earned all the acheivments except for gunfighter and i'm ranked #4 in frags and i've played every game mode with terran ships, so i have no clue how to get that ship. any help? thnx

The Rapier Cavalier is a Confed ship you would have had to have been flying a Confed ship in order for the achievement to unlock it. You have to using the side of the ship you are trying to unlock.

Cavalier

yes I understand that but what do you do to unlock it now since i've already gotten that acheivment? I've even gone back with a Confed ship and flown through all the gates again and nothing.

I didn't get it with the achievement, either - but I can't remember what I actually did... you *should* be able to unlock it eventually just playing the game normally (try getting deep into the Gauntlet or Meteor Storm modes with a Confed ship).

Back