Sequel to WC Prophecy

Sparhawk

Spaceman
Hello there everyone,

I have been a fan of the Wing Commander games for many, many years...in fact, I still get annoyed when I put in the original disks that I have for wing commander one and am not able to play it because it is linked to a computer's processing speed and nothing can slow down my pentium enough to play it.
redface.gif
( Anyway, though, I do have a question...the wing commander prophecy game was good...a decent improvement over the cinematic splendor of WCIV...but does anyone have any info about the sequel to WCP? I can only replay the old games so many times before I start memorizing all of the plot threads and the game holds no mystery for me anymore.
redface.gif
( Anyway...any replies would be appreciated.

Later,
SparHawk

Last edited by a moderator:
There has been no news of a new sequel at all. All we know is that Origin was intending to do a Trilogy with the bugs (Nephilim as they're known in the Confederation). Some people may tell you that it's not going to happen, or that it might but Origin never planned a trilogy. Do me a favor, Sparhawk, and don't listen to them. I've reas in several places that a trilogy is going to happen. Anyway, that's your news.

When exactly would that happen if all Origin personnel working on WC games were working on POL?

LoneWolf you know so much about WC that you tell him/her not to listen to anyone else? Well you know sh*t, there never was an oficial saying from Origin about a trilogy, and right now they are working on POL.

And besides there already is a sequal, it's called Secret Ops.

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited January 18, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited January 18, 2000).]

Who cares? I think he'll get it.
smile.gif

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

Sparhawk: there are many CPU slowers available on the net if you want to play your old WC games. There's one in the CIC files section if you want, it's called "Moslo". Of course you may alternatively want to disable your internal and external cache in your CMOS menu, if your have a not so-recent computer it may do the trick...

------------------
PopsiclePete

PopsiclePete's WC Page : http://members.xoom.com/PopsiclePete
E-mail : PopsiclePete@angelfire.com

Visit HCl's WC editing Archives

I'm not sure MOSLO works on more recent pentium II systems. At least it didn't work for me when I tried it. That may have just been my fault though. If anyone knows whether it works or not, please reply.

Well, they won't do that because they have POL which is basiclly like the original Privatter (so there's no reason to patch it), has MP in it (or MMP, no reason to patch Armada) and almost noone gives about Acadamy
frown.gif

------------------
Evilution!

Earthworm: Do not insult others for no reason.

LoneRanger: It may say on the back of the WCP box that WCP is the start of a new trilogy. But it also says that WCP has multiplayer support
smile.gif
. Remember that WCP isn't exactly what Origin originally planned it to be (due to budget cuts). Therefore, I don't really see any particular reason to believe that WCP will grow into a trilogy. Of course, you are free to maintain your opinion, and certainly a lot of people (me included) hope that this is true. But either way, it won't happen for at least a few years, because right now they're all working on POL.

Actualy I had a very good reason. LoneWolf is teling the guy not to listen to anyone else, like if he new everything.

------------------

If MOSLO doesn't work just enter BIOS at startup by pressing 'delete' or 'escape' or some other key or combination that is normally displayed on the screen(this was touched on a couple of posts ago but I thought I'd elaborate.) Look through the menus until you find the entry "Internal Cache" and "External Cache". Disable both of these. Then use a boot disk to boot into a DOS prompt. This lets my P233 (I haven't tried with my 400Mhz P2) play the game and it even gets sluggish when there are alot of ships onscreen
smile.gif

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Earthworm: If _I_ as _Moderator_ decide that LoneWolf needs to be told off, then I'll take care of that. It is, after all, my duty. But it really doesn't help when other users try to take care of such matters, since it will invariably result in a contest of insults and general chaos. Which, in case you didn't notice, we don't want here.

Remember. If you want people to respect you, you have to respect them. Otherwise, don't blame me if you end up getting banned for disruptive behaviour
smile.gif

I wouldn't realy call that disruptive behaviour, but OK I want insult anybody (unless they are complete morons just looking for trouble and posting stuff that is completly false)
smile.gif

------------------

Earthworm: No, you won't insult _anybody_. There will be no exceptions, even for people who deserve it
wink.gif
. Especially if they're morons looking for trouble - if you insult them, you're giving them what they want.

Unfortunetly no.

Fine Quarto, no insulting.
frown.gif

------------------

[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited January 21, 2000).]

It's a modified version of those games to work under newer machines, and in windows. Some music is also changed.

------------------

Earthworm: I'm glad we understand each other. My name's Quarto by the way. Not Quatro.

Death's Head: What on earth gave you that idea?

Primate: Indeed, but it's not exactly the best Origin product ever. Which makes one wonder why so many people want it
smile.gif
. But basically, they didn't put enough effort into the conversion.

Ah... I hate this darn keyboard. I keep pressing the damned PrintScreen key... As if I really needed those darned power management keys
frown.gif
. Oh, for a normal (read: pre-Win95) keyboard...

Back