Seether

Wulf

Vice Admiral
It seems our good friend 'Seether' can now build an effective resume. I saw B5 last night; it was the episode where marines were temporarily garrisoned on the station and Garibaldi had a one-night-stand with one of them. The guy who plays Seether in WC4 plays a native B5 pilot who befriends a group of Marines which die at the end. He played the part of 'good guy' rather well, IMO. Excellent actor, I haven't seen him in anything else. Question: Does he appear in another episode as the pilot getting the snapshot of a Shadow ship?

Robert Rusler.

He was also Max, one of the preppy jerks in WEIRD SCIENCE; Lawson, the antagonist is SOMETIMES THEY COME BACK (based on a Stephen King short story); and was in one of the NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET movies as well.

I know you might think i'm crazy for saying this; But Seether was always my favorite Charcter in the entire Wing Commander series besides Manaic of course.

Originally posted by Raptor leader
I know you might think i'm crazy for saying this; But Seether was always my favorite Charcter in the entire Wing Commander series besides Manaic of course.
People on this board can think you're crazy for no apparent reason! :D
Oh, and welcome aboard, as I saw this was your second post.
Must've missed your first.

You're right, because people can label you as Little Red Riding Hood for no reason also.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Raptor leader

Being crazy, and liking Seather are two different things. :)

I played at Ace against seether in WC4, the guy didn't even shoot back, he just cloaked, and I killed him with one shot. Is it normal in WC4 that Seether does nothing to kill you? Jeez, even Flash in WC3 shoots @ you! So why not Seether?

TIA

izM

Especially after he gave that speech about Blair being "nothing but a symbol of the past." If Seether and the rest of the Master Race really are the best pilots humanity can produce, the human race in the future would be in deep shit.

Best, Raptor

Your right, but then again Blair is an exceptional pilot isn't he (I heard something about him having 'the gift' in the movie....hmmm the force?) so wouldn't he be better than a genetically enchanced pilot as his skills are natural talent.

Yeah, but then, Seether would not have been expected to just cloak and stay on one spot like a sitting duck.

Blair and the force... right! And Tolwyn is palpatine... :D

incidentally has anyone ever tried seethers "mine blast wave" surfing, I tried it once and blew the rear off of my ship!!:mad:

There's no way to do the mine trick in WC4 -- the game's engine doesn't set off the mine when you afterburn away from it.

Darn, hours spent manoervering into position, often crashing into the mine all for nothing, if its not in the game engine then thats probably why I can't do it, thanx LOAF, I won't waste anymore time trying.

Originally posted by Oggy
Your right, but then again Blair is an exceptional pilot isn't he (I heard something about him having 'the gift' in the movie....hmmm the force?) so wouldn't he be better than a genetically enchanced pilot as his skills are natural talent.

Anything that is part of your genes (genetically engineered or not) would probably be natural talent. The whole idea of trying to create a genetically superior group of people though, apart from being morally dubious, is scientifically nonsense. There is no such thing as "superior genes" or "inferior genes", just genes that confer an advantage for a particular set of conditions at a particular time. Given all the differant problems that the universe could hit us with, narrowing the range of our gene pool to what someone considers advantageous at this particular time is pretty stupid, as it leaves us with less ability to adapt if conditions change in a way we haven't predicted. Evolutionary success lies in diversity, as does the abilty to adapt.

Best, Raptor

Back