Secret Ops audio problem

bsmith1702

Rear Admiral
Hi,
I have a slight problem with the audio in Secret Ops. Some of the dialogue during missions seems to have portions that are missing. For example, the subtitle for the Cerberus would say something like "Good job, Alpha One. You are cleared to land," and it would come out saying "Good job Alpha land." Just like that, with no gap for the missing piece of dialogue. It pretty much does this for all the dialogue that lasts more than a few seconds. Oddly enough, the dialogue for the opening cutscene seems fine. I don't recall it doing this the last time I played, which was a while ago and probably on a different computer. I already tried reinstalling. Does anyone know anything about this?
I am using a Pentium 4 with Windows XP SP2. I do not have the hi-res pack installed and I am using zackensack's Glide wrapper on a nVidia 6800, and a Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS. Thanks for your help.

This should really be in tech support.

Anyway, I have never had that problem before, have you been editing the game (example: Changing comms, language stuff, etc.)?

Sorry. I should have looked at the other Forums. But anyway, no I haven't done any editing. I forgot to mention before: I am also using Win98 compatability mode.

It happens with the speech. So I just played Ella 1 where Spyder and Zero are talking about the alien debris. The speech is unintelligable because half of what they are saying is missing. Sentences get cut off and the next sentence starts half-way through. I have to read the subtitles to make sense of what they are saying. This is definitely very strange; the music plays fine and there are no other audio glitches (like a popping noise or something) when this happens.

Okay, figured it out. I disabled hardware acceleration (should have tried that from the beginning) and it sounds fine now.

Back