Secret Missions 2

Where in the hell do you see chaos in The real Football?
smile.gif
It's similar to American football actually, where you don't score much, and you run around the whole damn field. Except that in soccer you don't have few seconds to rest between every play.

Oh, and actually I've been watching baseball quite a lot lately (I'm watching it even right now
smile.gif
), now that the Mariners are in the playoffs, and it's definetly not an elegant sport. There's just no room between the slow paced action of that game to have "chaos" like most others games do.

[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited October 06, 2000).]

Last edited by a moderator:
Earthworm: American Football is much less chaotic than soccer (or football for anyone outside America). You have plays planned out at every huddle and pass. Soccer is more chaotic and is somewhat similar to basketball actually in how you have to try to find openings. And the the reason that they stop every few seconds in football is because they get slammed by 300 pound men. If soccer was full contact, they'd be stopping more often too. Don't get me wrong, in terms of sheer endurance, soccer is probably the hardest sport out there.

------------------
There is no God but myself. No destiny but what I deem for me. I walk my path and no others, for I am free.

http://www.ntr.net/~vondoom

Vondoom said:
You have plays planned out at every huddle and pass.
And you have many plays in soccer, except there's no time for the coach and each player to chat about what they should do. So soccer players practice all of that before the games, and than just act on their instincts as to which play they should use and they have to observe other players on their team to see who's in position to do what.

And the the reason that they stop every few seconds in football is because they get slammed by 300 pound men. If soccer was full contact, they'd be stopping more often too. Don't get me wrong, in terms of sheer endurance, soccer is probably the hardest sport out there.
Oh, I know what football is about. But the point is, in soccer you don't get to have a brake every few minutes like in football, or basketball where the coach or players can call a time out.

Anyhow, the Mariners just swept past the White Sox. Woohoo!
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited October 07, 2000).]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back