Second Life for Wingnuts

Vasator

Spaceman
I do not believe this has been posted before but here goes.

I was searching through Second Life and found this nice little shop. Here are some pics of probably a Ranger-Class Carrier in SL.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Wing Commander_001a.jpg
    Wing Commander_001a.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 180
  • Wing Commander_002a.jpg
    Wing Commander_002a.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 179
  • Wing Commander_004.jpg
    Wing Commander_004.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 174
  • Wing Commander_005a.jpg
    Wing Commander_005a.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 191
  • Wing Commander_003a.jpg
    Wing Commander_003a.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 169
Lexington Class

It's pretty cool actually, They do not have any Wing Commander fighters on board to buy but they did have fighters, helicopters, and the item you see in the back of the carrier seems to be a AAA battery.

If it's the the WC3 ship it's a Yorktown (Per Star*Soldier). If it's the WC4 ship it is *not* lexington class. THe Lexington was Concordia class.

You'd think that the Second Life people would have found us to announce this, what with their apparent control over all aspects of the media... :) Still, neat find! We'll post it in the news real soon now.

I'm confused - what is the purpose? Is it just for fun, or does this carrier from space actually do something for the inhabitants of Second Life ?:D

It would be great if you could walk in and it was a dealership. "I'll take one Hellcat - no, I don't need any floormats, but those ImRecs would be nice."

You seem to be laboring under the misapprehension that anything in Second Life does anything for anyone. :)

But seriously, I think the first post indicated that this was a store front - you go inside and buy user created objects from whoever set it up in the first place.

Shop 'till you drop! In a space carrier!

Blue light special this week - old CIWS Phalanx systems 50% off! - absolutely everything must go. Blast your friends, keep the mailman honest, and take your skeet game to a whole new level!*

* Ammo sold separately. Must be 21 years or older to purchase. Not liable for accidental discharge, loss of life or limb, or erroneous engagement.

Haha, that is too funny! I wonder who created the store-front, maybe someone who frequents here? :)

You'd think someone who visits the CIC would have let us know about it. But then you'd also think anyone who takes the time to do that would do an internet search for Wing Commander and end up here before long.

is there a way to find out who owns the store thing and contact them? its always good to have more wingnuts around here

Back