Screenshots Release Thread

i gotta say, that bay is really nice, the hellcat texture need some work though. not very accurate to the WC3 ship at all. if you want i can help you guys out in that department, just lemme know :)

i can point out many things which aren't accurate to the original textures. the top details aren't correct, panel wise it's not correct. but if you're not concerned with it, pay it no mind :)

Personaly I had never paid that much attention to it since texturing isn't my part but you are right. This Hellcat has quite more of these little details-stuff then the one we see in the manual.
I think for the demo we won't change it but we could think about it for the main release.
Maybe you could help us then (looking at highpoly hellcat) at least with the textures..don't know if Lynx wants to do them again.

Dyret said:
Tolwyn, are each of those hanger spaces individual dockpoints? And is the ammo truck a unit or just a part of the carrier model?

Could someone please answer my question? :(

@Dyrent
I can't answere you question but the objects inside the hangar are each destroyable...still they could be subobjects. Starman would be the person to ask about this since he converted the model.

@BradMick
I think we could only use the textures...even with the boosted up engine I don't think that fighters should have so much details as you put into your model. When 10 or more of these highpolyfighters are onscreen I am quite sure the framerate would drop quick a lot.
Other things are animations...polycount dosn't matter for them as long as you got enough power or enough time...best would be both but how has that.
(Maybe I could ask my school to lend me their 50 PC again for rendering...only problem would be to convince them that this would be for school purpose ^_^ )

heheh, no no, the model wouldn't work for game purposes at all, i was just meaning textures. if you want anims i can try to work something up, been a bit busy of late with things, but i can certainly try to render something up. After I finish the cat i'll start on a paktahn model (same level of detail as the cat). Yeah, i'd be happy to do up some textures though, if you can get me a 'virgin' UV map i'll get to work on it :)

@Dyret
I just gathered some information about the hangar and how its works.

As I guessed the crates, trucks and other stuff in the hangar are subobjects and so they are part of the hangarmodel.
This way each ship comes by default with the same hangarlayout. Now you can deactivate the parts you don't want to show up. For example to have some different hangars or to reflect some events like that you are short on supplys or that all fighters has been lunched...or just to give the ships a different look.
The subparts can be deactivated via the FRED editor that comes with FS2/WC:S

The reason for this that its much easier to edit the hangar.
Dockingpoints would give you some more flexiblity but also much more work and also some problems.
For example you would have to write special scripts in the missions so that the stuff stays where it should when the carrier moves around.

Hope this answere helps you.

in addition, working with those details as submodels gives us the possibility to animate them as well as add additional details. For instance, in the future we could model in the beams and crosmenbers on the walls. new submodel LODing thing allows recersive detail, so you can have a part of a ship get more and more detailed the closer you get to it.

Hm, all screenshots are looking gorgeous but you sucessfully managed to withhold a screenshoot of one of my favorite ships I was looking forward to see in the wc-saga/freespace engine.

So when do you intend to post pictures of the CONFEDERATION CLASS DREADNOUGHT PLEASE? :confused:

as far as i know this is the wrong part of the timeline for that ship. i think they're focusing more on the pre-wc3/wc3 timeline if i'm not mistaken. and by pre a little before wc3 but after the connie was blown up.

Atekimogus said:
So when do you intend to post pictures of the CONFEDERATION CLASS DREADNOUGHT PLEASE? :confused:

This ship is yet to be unveiled. All I can tell is that it will be featured in the game.

Thanks for the quick reply tolwyn, I am just curious do we actually see a confed dreadnought in the game-missions or is it just for the tech-database?

Atekimogus said:
Thanks for the quick reply tolwyn, I am just curious do we actually see a confed dreadnought in the game-missions or is it just for the tech-database?

I think he answered your question with a definite yes. :)

If I may be so bold as to say the following (transaltion: please don't hurt me for saying this!!!!): you won't be dissapointed by how it is featured in the game. That class of ship has has its "moment in the spotlight."

As for the use of the hangers, just don't bump your head on the way in or out.

I can say nothing more without being beheaded! :)

You guys do realize that the WCS model of the Confederation class has been on the Fleet Tactics website for four months?

Back