Screenshots Release Thread

I have not received those maps you are refering to yet.

And I am going to do some texture work now, I hope my little project will work out, Stay turned ;)

Lars, I have an Intel Celaron 2.3GHz processor and 512 MB of RAM. The core specs of my system are *not* the problem here. However, I'm getting average framerates of 30 FPS looking into empty space, 10-15 in dogfights, and depressingly low when capships are involved.

I blame my pissant little integrated video chip w/2-4 MB of onboard video memory and absolutely no HTL support for this problem.

Moonsword said:
Lars, I have an Intel Celaron 2.3GHz processor and 512 MB of RAM. The core specs of my system are *not* the problem here. However, I'm getting average framerates of 30 FPS looking into empty space, 10-15 in dogfights, and depressingly low when capships are involved.

I blame my pissant little integrated video chip w/2-4 MB of onboard video memory and absolutely no HTL support for this problem.

perhaps you could afford a slightly older GPU? I am quite sure that your main board has AGP slot

*laughs bitterly*

No, it doesn't, and I have the return order to prove it. Nothing but PCI slots, which meant another $25 in end price, plus the cost of shipping the thing back.

That's one mistake I won't make again.

Well, I really need to double my RAM for pretty much ANYTHING. and I'd Like to get a FX5200 so I can run pretty vertex shader stuff like Prince of Persia and Pandora Tomorow.

I still don't understand if there is a file to be downloaded so I can run FS2 campaing in SCP "mode".

Edfilho said:
Well, I really need to double my RAM for pretty much ANYTHING. and I'd Like to get a FX5200 so I can run pretty vertex shader stuff like Prince of Persia and Pandora Tomorow.

I still don't understand if there is a file to be downloaded so I can run FS2 campaing in SCP "mode".

get it from HLPwebsite.

Oh, and on the side note: you go better with a Geforce 4 Ti 4200. It has more power than the FX5200 GPU, allthough it has no DirectX9 support. Not that you could play in Direct X9 mode with the FX5200

Make sure you get the 3.6 files, and I'd reccomend getting them from a mirror other than Fileplanet, so the lines aren't as long.

Note: I mean the core 3.6 release, not any of the recent test builds. Those are not completely stable (especially the latest ones from Bobbouaou, or however you spell his nickname, not that anyone remembers). The 06/07 build works well for me, since it's purely a bug-fix build to my knowledge, but I'd still reccomend you try the core build first.

You need the media .vp files for a lot of the graphics enhancements (and they're worth getting), you definitely need the launcher, and I'd suggest getting the big file if your connection can handle it.

Tolwyn said:

What he meant was: The Standoff team should release some cool stuff soon,
it has been three weeks since the last time.

Shouldnt be that hard to understand.

Dyret said:
What he meant was: The Standoff team should release some cool stuff soon,
it has been three weeks since the last time.

Shouldnt be that hard to understand.

huh?

I thought this thread was dedicted to 'release of screenshots taken from WCS'. Not that I mean to offend anyone...

Takes a little more than hopes, dreams, and butterfly wings to bring a feasible, convertable model/mission to completion (ie - you'll get some when they are ready).

C-ya

I want the last 20 seconds back for having to read those dumb posts, apparently only a few of us read them in there entirity.

But a screenshot or two would be nice guys, maybe some fighter shots or a good action shot. I'll leave it up to you guys...

Reading is fun!

Back