Screenshots Release Thread

All I can really say is WOW!! These models are fantastic, I really wish I knew how to mod games and do models and the such, I would have loved to be a part of the team!!

Maybe in the next life.

Here's the Sartha:

Sartha.jpg

Here's the Concordia class which I reworked to give it a WC3 style paintjob. Guns and small details like antennaes will get added later when Starman work on thaat one.

Con1.jpg

Con2.jpg

(And no one should worry that it looks too much like the Ranger right now. The textures are still different, along with armament and details in the model geometry.)

Looks good, man.
You've missed the grill-like thingmajig's on the front of the 3 engines, though. You know, the detail you see on this picture, right above the central blue-glowing-thing on the back:
wc4carrier.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, yes. Now that you post that screenshot. I noticed that many if not all WC3/4 models have a hole in their geometry where you can see through the ship. Is that some kind of engine thing or were the models just badly done? (On a sidenote, Origins 3d models are a ugly, geoemtrically wise. They worked for WC3 and 4 but it gives me a pinful spams every tie i look onto their geometry. They are mostly a horrible mess of intersecting polys, doublesides polys and parts that are not physically connected properly)

Amen to that.

As for the holes in WC3/4 models, I think it's a combination of models which have weird face normals and engines which don't handle weird face normals well.

Beautiful, just beautiful.

Though I hate to be the one to say it since I seem to have a previso to every comment I make about your wonderful models, the tower is on the wrong side ;).

C-ya

look, Eder has it on the right side too

and as psych said in the internal forum

in WC4, they were forced to rehash the Victory all over again because they ran into probs with using the Connie. This way, this Concordia-class will look similiar enough to the Ranger, but just slightly different so one can say "hey, that's a different ship!"

Tolwyn said:
look, Eder has it on the right side too
Flipping and reconverting all the Concordias is on my to-do list, though - I believe Viper is right, and the rest of us are all wrong. :p

Are you sure about the tower ? We had it once on the left side, and then mirrored
the model to the right, so that it is different from the ranger-class. No, which one
is right ?

@ Psych: I will start working on the concordia (again !) very shortly, so pls
give me note, where the tower should be.

Well, that pic I posted looks like a direct WC4 screenshot... I don't see why the CIC staff would have reason to mirror it. <G>

Big curiosity: Why does it look like the armor down the middle of the ship has been unbolted? (I know the textures are different there... it doesnt seem like there should be a big hole in the armor though...)

Just finished detailing the Concordia-Class with turrets, antennas and a correct
hangarbay. (Pic's are taken directly from FS-Modelview, but I guess they are good
enough).
concordia2.jpg

concordia3.jpg

I still don't see the stuff on the engines, though. :p

PS: Did anyone check WC4 to know for sure which side the bridge is on?

Back