Screenshot request

HeartoftheTiger

Rear Admiral
Hi guys!

Ridiculously long time, no see (not that I have been tremendously active in here even back then), but since "Wing Commander" will become 25 this year (which prompted me to visited the games once again), and I'd love to make a little special for the german webpage http://www.fictionbox.de, I could use your help. It's a banality, really, but in order to celebrate WCs birthday with a nice header, I'm looking for the original screenshot of the image that GOG.com used to advertise it's I+II-package ->
wc1and2atgog.jpg

If anyone could help me out, that would be great!
HeartoftheTiger

That image is a composite - it's taken from two separate screenshots. Blair only salutes and smiles like that during an award ceremony, and the background is from the launch sequence of a ... Scimitar, unless I'm mistaken - with the colors muted towards blue.

Damn, you're right! No wonder I couldn't remember that shot! I always wondered what that background could be, but I never would have recognized the Scimitar (I blame the blue tint). Ah, too bad, it's a great image. Now I'll just have to look for a simple screenshot of Bluehair saluting. Anyway, thanks! :)

@HeartoftheTiger Here you go.
I think I found all the elements of the picture. I can't be certain that I have the exact frame of the pilot or the ground chief but it should be close enough for you.
I hope this helps. :D

Attachments

• 9_0.png
    9_0.png
    4.7 KB · Views: 87
  • 9_10.png
    9_10.png
    1.5 KB · Views: 89
  • 11_1.png
    11_1.png
    3 KB · Views: 88
  • 1_1.png