Screen Shot Request

OriginalPhoenix

Professor Emeritus
Greetings, gang.

Was wondering if anyone might have a screenshot of the Devastator fly-by immediately after one destroys the wormhole gate at the end of WCP. I don't have WCP installed at the moment, and would rather not have to install it and go through the whole game to get a single capture. :)

If anyone has the shot, and could send it my way -- kscholl@cavtel.net -- I would be most appreciative.

Thanks!

I have one, but it's at home.

In any case, you probably wouldn't like it.

It's one of my older shots where I altered the contrast/brightness settings instead of increasing the gamma correction.

Plus it's at the 320x240 resolution, and I added a little caption at the bottom.

In a word, no. Sorry.

Wedge, if you don't mind, could you send it anyway when you have access to it. I'm going to manipulate it anyway, so I might be able to get around your changes.

At any rate, anyone else?

I have it saved on the last mission, I can try to get it for you. You are referring to the cut-scene correct? That's the only devestator I saw during that mission, so this is the one you're speaking of right?

Originally posted by Mav23
I have it saved on the last mission, I can try to get it for you. You are referring to the cut-scene correct? That's the only devestator I saw during that mission, so this is the one you're speaking of right?
Yes, indeed, the cutscene shot....

Originally posted by Mav23
Sure, I'll get it for you, what do you need it for?
I'm working on a new WC site. Subject is a Confed Task Force, centered around the fourth MIDWAY-class carrier, the TCS CORAL SEA. For each of the capships, fighters, and bombers, I'm looking to have various "action" shots intermixed with a simple "profile" shot. I have or was able to get shots for everything but the Seahawk and the Devastator. However, I prefer cinematic shots to game engine -- thus, there is no Seahawk shot (that I know of) and only that one instance of the Devastator.

E-mail would be fine (kscholl@cavtel.net)...and THANKS!

Do you remember "Paint the Target"? You have a Devastator in a cutscene for that too.

No cinematic for the SWACS, though.

Still all FMV is in low resolution, anyway.

I'm at work right now, but can send you a mess of Devestator movie shots when I get home later this afternoon.

Originally posted by Wedge009
Do you remember "Paint the Target"? You have a Devastator in a cutscene for that too.
I was wondering about that...I couldn't recall if there was any FMV of the Dev there or not. Cool, maybe LOAF has someof those, too.

No cinematic for the SWACS, though.
Yeah, I didn't recall seeing any. I created one using a scan of the Strat Guide and a nebula background from the game. Not ideal, but usable nonetheless.

Still all FMV is in low resolution, anyway.
But still better than in-game shots, at least with what I'm doing with them.

I'm at work right now, but can send you a mess of Devestator movie shots when I get home later this afternoon.
That would be quite...awesome! Thanks, LOAF!

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Indeed I do! But I'm still at work...
I was wondering LOAF... (but since it's your private life you are absolutely entitled not to answer my question) ...where does the living WC encyclopedia work and what's his job?

I'm a college student, so mostly I just study and sleep. But right now I'm temping as an administrative assistant at the advising center at my school.

Eh eh... didn't you forget to add "...and spend hours and hours updating the CIC and ansewring questions on the CZ"? :)

Back