Score!!

Congrats, all good games, but I royally hate that commercial. It always features a bunch of freaks probably from, as one of my old professors called it, Ya-Ya land (AKA California). Plus theres nothing catchy about it.

:mad: So don't ever do that again! :mad:

Just kidding :p

Cool auction, enjoy your game(s)! Were you bidding to get one in particular?

Meatball subs are delicious.

I sure will, and yes, meatball subs rock!

I was looking for Wing Commander III, but I did need an extra copy of WC2, incidentally, so I wouldn't have to be using a "spawn copy" when I eventually link my two old computers together to play VS games with friends. I was also looking for the expansion, but just had not gotten around to seriously looking for it yet. The other two were games I didn't really want, but I figured ok ... there's three games here I do want, so what the hey?

What's funny is, the auction was up for less than 5$, so I put in 5$, thinking that nothing would come of it, but lo and behold, I ended up being the high bidder. Then, someone came in and won it from me. The bidding closed at $5.50. I was kind of upset, but oh well, I moved on. Literally, the next day, I got an e-mail about a second chance offer. I checked it out, made sure it was legit, got some communication from the seller and bought the lot for 5$, my original price.

I couldn't believe the person who had outbid me couldn't pay, and that's when someone told me it was probably the seller artificially inflating his price, hoping I'd go higher. Well, I figured I only stood to lose 10$, so I paid for it, and it got marked as shipped today. I still can't wrap my head around why, if the above is true, that he'd make an offer to me for 5$ when he likely has 30-45$ worth of software there.

I've won a couple of things off second-chance offers before. It may not necessarily be a dishonest situation. You have to remember the games are considerably old and while we might place a relatively high value on them, many people don't. If I recall correctly, I bought the original WC3 and WC4 (albeit without boxes) from a high school friend in the late 1990s, for AUD40. In those days, prices could be considerably more than that. Each.

Well, I know they're old, it's just that I see people on eBay trying to sell Wing 3 for 15-30$ or so. Now, I haven't checked what the game actually sells for, the auctions I've seen were still current auctions that had not ended yet. For all I know, the people asking these prices could be getting zero bids. I just expected to get Wing 3 for no less than 15$, but this auction did not include any original documentation that came with the game, so maybe that is a mitigating factor.

Oh, well, if you have current prices from other auctions, then yeah, that's a pretty good indicator.

You can look through the CIC's Manuals section, if you want to catch up on anything you might have missed. The Victory Streak is also linked to from there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was looking for Wing Commander III, but I did need an extra copy of WC2, incidentally, so I wouldn't have to be using a "spawn copy" when I eventually link my two old computers together to play VS games with friends.

What do you mean by this? Wing Commander 2 has no multiplayer mode. Wing Commander Armada, Proving Grounds, Prophecy (via HCl patch) and Arena are the WC video games with a versus mode. (Nevermind, Warcraft 2...)

I still can't wrap my head around why, if the above is true, that he'd make an offer to me for 5$ when he likely has 30-45$ worth of software there.

Multi-item lots like that often sell for a bunch less than if the items were sold individually, because you're much less likely to find someone that actuallys wants all those different things together. It works for the seller because it's also less hassle to just box up and get rid of everything at once.

I never really liked having the confusion between Wing Commander and Warcraft when talking about WCs. ):

Back