'Scenes of McAuliffe' WIP Thread

They have as much in common as the WCIII ships, I think. I've never understood why people connect the WCI and III cat designs so much - other than the "OMG pointy" factor (which the transport in Armada has!) they have none of the other design elements so present in WCIII designs - and they have the engine pods and general paint scheme of the Fralthi.

yay for de-railment! heheh, anyway, updates sometime in the future. lots of cool things going on behind the scenes (which are completely unrelated to this project) but...kick ass none the less.

soon...soon, there'll be trench details on the ol' girl. that's my next priority in the modeling stage for this thing. so, yup...soon

well, its not the connie, but....hey, i figured i'd show it to you guys. this is a low res version of the wildcat i threw together today. thought you all might like to see her :)

Attachments

• wildcat_01.jpg
    wildcat_01.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 133
It kinda looks like a Sartha. It's not my favorite but good job. I would size down the guuns and make the ship bigger. It looks like its the size of an Arrow. I would also change the grills. They look to WC3-ish. Other than that you have don really good work.

attachment.php

forgot the concept (its buried earlier in the thread) stayed pretty close, only a few things i changed in the modeling process. should add, i'll post shots of her when she's got landing gear, heheh...she only 1070 polys right now. she'll be better when she's more like, 40k+

and, there aren't many simliarities to the sartha. the nose is about it. the aft end is pretty different. she's got the width thing going on though. i put the grills in specifically to avoid the WC3 bussard intake deal, but still have the intakes.

well, i learned how to do some texturing in max...and i decided to use this as a test bed. just goofin around withs some techinque. nothing final, nothing permanent...just, experimentin. enjoy!

Attachments

• wildcat_13.jpg
    wildcat_13.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 141
Don't you have a Secret Mission to be working on? :p

Seriously, this was a nice surprise to see. Nice work.

woo! low poly hurricane model. some things are probably going to change here before the final...but this is where she stands so far.

Attachments

• hurricane_01.jpg
    hurricane_01.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 122
thanks

and here's a quicky update. still may change some things yet...but, yeah. for now, i think she works.

Attachments

• hurricane_02.jpg
    hurricane_02.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 118
thats really nice, i also like the wildcat model

i was thinking mabye for one of the future fighter designs could be modeled after that ship in the wing commander academy tv series that blair and maniac hunt down the stealth fighter with (Episode 11 - Invisible Enemy). just a suggestion, i always liked the look of that fighter.

keep up the good work
-brad

Back