scav's single bug thread

hellcatv said:
So the laser sound kept repeating, or lasers kept shootin'. or both...
Both. Sorry to be confusing, I just meant that I don't so much care that the lasers are stuck on, just that I can hear them stuck on.

Here's a single bug: The bartender audio. I started over in the .9 version, (it wiped out my saved games) and most of the audio is there. Seems the only one with no audio now is the one where he talks about people complaining about the pirates, and that he doesn't mind them much.

Quirk more than a bug. So you can act like Microslut and call it a feature and be done with it. =;-Þ

The multi mission thing isn't really fixed, yet it is. You have to launch and land again to get credit and pay for the second mission. Assuming you stacked right and didn't have to go to a second base with mission 2.

This is prolly more feature than bug, but. . .I would like to know what base in what system I have to go to, in order to complete the mission.

i.e. stacking Troy missions.
Am I going to have to go to Hector, Achiles or Helen?

Bug for players using windowed mode:
I can't read the dialogue until it gets a line or two down. It clips the frame.

Girpe:
I can't tell if I completed the mission until I either launch or check the computers to see if I got paid.

Wish:
Wish I could see my fleet in the mission computers like you do on pirate bases.

Here are all the violins you need to play those wunnerful ditties:
My Heart Bleeds.
Poor, Poor Wonderful You.
etc. . .

Violins follow:
..................................................................................

You need to print and use a microscope to see their shape.

Still downloading 9b....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... DONE! Now to give it a try.

even if the window'd rez is smaller than your screen rez

as for mission completed...the mission should print it to your comm screen

if you just missed it feel free to use pgup and pgdown to scroll around in your comm screen.
Also objectives shoudl disappear (hit 'o' to see objectives)

Well, yeah, BUT. . .

hellcatv said:
even if the window'd rez is smaller than your screen rez

I'm running it equal. I'll try it reduced and see what happens.

hellcatv said:
as for mission completed...the mission should print it to your comm screen

It does, after I launch. Not when I'm landing.

hellcatv said:
if you just missed it feel free to use pgup and pgdown to scroll around in your comm screen.

After I launch, I can see it if I hit pgdown, or if I'm already paged down, I watch it scroll up

hellcatv said:
Also objectives shoudl disappear (hit 'o' to see objectives)

That's just it, the mission data DOES disappear as soon as I land the first time. BUT, I don't get the credit for it, nor do I lose the cargo, until I take off and land again.

======================================================

NOTE:
I now own ALL FOUR, Completely outfitted Privateer craft with over 2,000,000.00 credits in the bank. Those rescue missions sure paid off.

Million Credit Rescue Missions. Gotta love 'em.

Money and how to get it.
Rescue Missions!
For those of you that are still trying to kill all the attackers on rescue missions, paying out thousands of credits to get wingmen. . .

DON'T.

As an ex-hooligan navy sailor, I can tell you how it's done.

It's a rescue run. You need to remember that. Your job is to get in, get the pilot, and get the heck out of dodge. Not kill everyone that's atacking.

That being the case, you just need some speed, or a cloak and an auto-tracking tractor-beam. Run in on full shields and full afterburners. Get within 5,000, drop off the afterburners, be sure your pilot is targeted and use a tractor-beam with an auto-tracking mount. Those mounts are nice for torps, too, BTB. Once you have him/her safely in your hold, make like a bat out of hell.

Orion DATA will be in subsequent posts on Viable Ship Types.

Believe it or not, my Tarsus now has a cloking device.
<grin>
<VERY BIG GRIN>
(I just love my little Tarsus)
Now I just have to try using the puppy.

So MANY things to try!
First the promised Orion Data.

Back