Saw Vagabond last night in an episode of MacGyver

ck9791

Rear Admiral
I was watching MacGyver on MeTv last night and I saw Vagabond. Francois Chau was playing a bad guy in an episode that had very little of MacGyver in it and instead focused on a pair of brother bounty hunters. This made me look up the actor and see what else he's been in that I have watched. Its fun to spot an actor that you associate with a certain series or franchise in something else. Has anyone else been watching a show or movie unrelated to Wing Commander and unexpectedly spot a pilot or other officer lately?

Not since I saw Commodore Blair in Star Wars......

:p

You've countered a MacGyver with The Guyver!

(That MacGyver was a 'back door pilot' which is when they create a pilot episode for new characters they intend to spinoff... sometimes it becomes a show and sometimes it doesn't! Star Trek's Assignment: Earth was the same thing.)

About half a year ago, I saw "Vagabond's" cameo in an episode of "Rizzoli & Isles" (If You Can't Stand the Heat") as the father of a silent boy who witnessed a crime.

I saw Vagabond in The Expanse, boy how time passes.

:)

MV5BNjBlMDI4YWItODMyMC00Y2RmLTllNTctZGZlMWE2NjBjYzVkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjc5Mjg0NjU@._V1_.jpg

Francois Chau has had a solid career in the years since WC4. He was a regular face on LOST for most of the show's run.

Some other actors from the series haven't been as fortunate.

Francois Chau has had a solid career in the years since WC4. He was a regular face on LOST for most of the show's run.

Some other actors from the series haven't been as fortunate.

Yeah, aside from Hamill, he's arguably had the most successful *post* wing commander acting career. I was going to mention LOST too. He's popped up a few times - most recently I saw him playing a man trapped inside one of the twin towers during 9/11 in some kind of docu-drama.

I don't recall seeing Tom Wilson or Malcolm McDowell in much recently at all. IMDB probably says otherwise...

...and whatever happened to BJ Jefferson and Jennifer MacDonald?!

Yeah, aside from Hamill, he's arguably had the most successful *post* wing commander acting career. I was going to mention LOST too. He's popped up a few times - most recently I saw him playing a man trapped inside one of the twin towers during 9/11 in some kind of docu-drama.

I don't recall seeing Tom Wilson or Malcolm McDowell in much recently at all. IMDB probably says otherwise...

...and whatever happened to BJ Jefferson and Jennifer MacDonald?!

Tom Wilson is kicking around on the comedy and convention circuit. I met him last year.

Malcolm McDowell is still working too, but I don't remember seeing him in anything since Easy A in 2010. His IMDB shows him to be super busy though.

Jennifer MacDonald seems to have given up on acting - but I remember her daughter ended up playing the Sandman's little girl in Spider-Man 3.

Agreed, that school biography is quite impressive. She still looks good too, that big smile matches what I remember from WC3.

A few other where-are-they-nows...

Appropriately, Yolonda Jilot (Angel in Wing Commander III) is a translator/PA in Los Angeles with a focus on French-speaking clients: http://www.ygdiscoverla.com/

Far less appropriately, Robert Rusler (Seether in Wing Commander IV) runs an acting school in Santa Monica: https://www.facebook.com/TheHollywoodPlayground/

... and out of left field, Steven Petrarca (Casey in Wing Commander Prophecy) now has a fancy event catering company: http://stevenpetrarcaevents.com/

By the way, Tim Curry (Melek) had a "massive" stroke in 2012 and became confined to a wheelchair. He seems undefeated though. Here is an event he did last year.

I actually saw him in two or three weeks ago in one of the CW's "arrowverse" shows... but it might also have been on the recent "The Tick" show.. it was a speaking role(10 words or so) the guy has to make a living, right?

Back