Save Stargate SG-1!!!

Just another Stargate project to go down the crapper... like the first person shooter they were working on with "the Air Force's help"... I loved SG-1, but now there's no O'neal... its just not the same

From TrekWeb:

MGM has given a green light for the show's creators to produce two direct-to-DVD movies based on SG-1. Executive producer Brad Wright let TV Guide in on the news this week.

"It's the climax of the Ori story line," Wright said of the first film. The movie will tie up the loose ends from the show's tenth season, which is expected to conclude its U.S. television run in June. The film will be written and directed by current SG-1 executive producer and show-runner Robert C. Cooper.

The SG-1 cast is not signed for the movies yet, but are said to be "very eager" to continue.

Read about it here: http://trekweb.com/stbbs/showThread...2ae0fe&cid=452db482b2eff&viewby=&sort=&order=

SG1 doesnt deserve to be saved, its been going for many many many years now and theres even a spin off series. I mean for gods sakes, even X-Files lasted 9 years and SG1 got 10? There are many series' that have been cancelled that deserve to come back before this one.

Whas that rumor about the original Stargate director and Kurt Russel/James Spader coming back for a sequel movie dispelled?

Edx said:
SG1 doesnt deserve to be saved, its been going for many many many years now and theres even a spin off series.

"Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded"

Mav23 said:
Whas that rumor about the original Stargate director and Kurt Russel/James Spader coming back for a sequel movie dispelled?

There was no story about that, just internet wishful thinking.

It'd just be weird to change the actors again. It's good they are making new movies with it.

It shouldn't be canceled because it is popular. And what is sci-fi replacing it with?

WRESTLING! THAT IS NOT SCI-FI!

I would at least feel fine if they replaced SG-1 with something like new episodes of Threshold or even Invasion, but all they've gotten onto is a big, nasty syndication streak (Doctor Who, Heroes, and reruns of Threshold) And this is just for Friday night. It is rediculous. But then again it seems sci-fi is just turning into a Fox clone. (same kinds of stupid decisions)

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Iceblade said:
I would at least feel fine if they replaced SG-1 with something like new episodes of Threshold or even Invasion...

I'd love to get new episodes of Threshold. Every episode turned things up a notch and the plans they had for future seasons sounded amazing. granted that a few episodes (blood of the children) were more like CSI with aliens but that was really the exception and not the rule. Especially in the later episode di things really get moving. To bad we probably won't ever get new episodes though.

Invasion.. I watched the first episode and wished I hadn't. never saw any of the other episodes. Did it get any better? I think I even fell asleep.

Anyone watching Jericho? It has an interesting premise. I liked the first few episodes (1-3). Though it could go either way. Once they get more info on who nuked the cities it could potentially get stupid very fast if handled wrong.

Quarto said:
Uh... why? Couldn't you just poke your eyes out with a pencil instead? The feeling will be the same...

Hehehe. I enjoyed it. It was fun. Some aspects were silly, true enough. Buut I liked it all the same. Something about the campy episodic nature of it stuck with me. But I can see why others might not be able to get into it I suppose.

Fry's has an incredible sale on Stargate this weekend.
http://shop1.outpost.com/product/5029805?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG
All of seasons 1-9 for $135. That's just $15 a season. I've never even seen any Stargate, and I almost want to get that.

Individual seasons are $17 each if you already have some.
SG1_smartad.gif

AD said:
Hehehe. I enjoyed it. It was fun. Some aspects were silly, true enough. Buut I liked it all the same. Something about the campy episodic nature of it stuck with me. But I can see why others might not be able to get into it I suppose.
I really, really hated it. The whole concept of a super-secret-special plan to deal with an unknown, unlikely and very unspecific alien threat was downright moronic (although, I suppose, financing a contingency plan to deal with such a threat does sound like classic government tax-wastage). And the characters were some of the worst ever shown on TV - they were a terrible mix of generic cliches and stupid attempts at making the characters less cliche, and instead making them just plain idiotic - a strong-yet-vulnerable heroine! A top secret guy so secret that he'll have to kill you now that you know about him! A computer nerd! A bitter old scientist with issues! A sex-crazed midget who speaks two hundred languages! TV at its finest, surely :p.

Quarto said:
I really, really hated it. The whole concept of a super-secret-special plan to deal with an unknown, unlikely and very unspecific alien threat was downright moronic (although, I suppose, financing a contingency plan to deal with such a threat does sound like classic government tax-wastage). And the characters were some of the worst ever shown on TV - they were a terrible mix of generic cliches and stupid attempts at making the characters less cliche, and instead making them just plain idiotic - a strong-yet-vulnerable heroine! A top secret guy so secret that he'll have to kill you now that you know about him! A computer nerd! A bitter old scientist with issues! A sex-crazed midget who speaks two hundred languages! TV at its finest, surely :p.

I enjoyed the fact that, whereas all other shows have the main characters trying to figure out the conspiracy, this show, the main characters *were* the conspiracy. I liked most of the characters (other than the nerdy tech guy) whether they were cliche or not.

Back