sarah connor chronicles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skynet can create incredibly advanced liquid metal killing machines, come up with complicated schemes to retroactively eliminate the birth of its enemies, and build time travel equipment, but it can't just blanket the earth with nerve gas and be done with us?

Gas warfare is highly overrated as a practical strategy. You need a lot to cover any given area, especially wide-open outdoor spaces, and doubly so in extreme weather conditions (desert, arctic, etc). If anything, that kind of attack is more useful in a terror campaign (see the first Gulf War, specifically the SCUDs that Iraq lobbed at Israel to try to goad them into action and make the conflict into a jihadist one), but Skynet didn't want people terrified, it wanted them dead.

Gas warfare is highly overrated as a practical strategy. You need a lot to cover any given area, especially wide-open outdoor spaces, and doubly so in extreme weather conditions (desert, arctic, etc). If anything, that kind of attack is more useful in a terror campaign (see the first Gulf War, specifically the SCUDs that Iraq lobbed at Israel to try to goad them into action and make the conflict into a jihadist one), but Skynet didn't want people terrified, it wanted them dead.

Adding to that, the only time it's ever anything near cost-effective is indoors, or maybe a trench and a nerve gas grenade just happens to land to you.

Really, more conventinal weaponry and firebombs are more cost-effective all around. However, this is assuming that Skynet even has air-bombers

Just saw the pilot.

Man that was TERRIBLE. The Terminator belongs on daytime TV as hired goon #4. I really liked Summer Glau in Firefly, but her performance was quite terrible in this. I enjoy smallville, against my better judgement as it is cheesy but fun; however the same formula in the Terminator franchise just doesn't seem to work.

Where can you view the pilot? I'm curious to check it out as well after following your guys' comments here.

Please don't post bittorrent addresses here - downloading TV shows is just as illegal as downloading games, so rule 11 applies.

Yes, John Connor's age was one of those long-running plot problems that T3 made *worse.* ::headdesk::

Actually T2 states that he's 10 but implies that he's 9 because the T-800 when explaining the events that lead to Judgment Day states that it's three years into the future that the SKYNET funding bill was passed so problems with his age predate T3. I agree that T3 made it much worse by implying that T2 took place after the original date for Judgment Day though

Actually, throughout the movie, it is not so subtly hinted that some form of megavirus is spreading throughout computers around the world, and this is SkyNET propagating itself to various computers to prevent itself being fully shut down.

The virus was created by SKYNET thus it cannot be SKYNET.

Please don't post bittorrent addresses here - downloading TV shows is just as illegal as downloading games, so rule 11 applies.

Downloading Tv shows is only illegal if it hasnt been aired if it has been it comes under the same laws as recording it on tape (or DVD) for later veiwing

You're still taking part in distributing property to which you do not own the rights to. That is certainly illegal.

Downloading Tv shows is only illegal if it hasnt been aired if it has been it comes under the same laws as recording it on tape (or DVD) for later veiwing
It really doesn't matter. Our rules state that we don't want such links posted here, and you'll have to respect that - obeying the rules is not optional. It's not even about stopping this kind of thing (after all, if you want to pass a link onto someone, you can do it in dozens of ways that we do not control), it's about keeping this forum clear of any questionable material.

You're still taking part in distributing property to which you do not own the rights to. That is certainly illegal.

If thats the case what about WC Academy? not trying to pick a fight just curious has the cic got distributing rights?

It really doesn't matter. Our rules state that we don't want such links posted here, and you'll have to respect that - obeying the rules is not optional. It's not even about stopping this kind of thing (after all, if you want to pass a link onto someone, you can do it in dozens of ways that we do not control), it's about keeping this forum clear of any questionable material.

ok no problem i understand what your saying!

If thats the case what about WC Academy? not trying to pick a fight just curious has the cic got distributing rights?

The CIC has gotten permission to distribute all materials that are featured on this website. Stop trying to be crass.

The virus was created by SKYNET thus it cannot be SKYNET.

I'm not entirely sure that's correct. T3's version of SkyNET has no system core whatsoever, and SkyNET is billed as a program that the Defense Department is using on it's systems. Thus, SkyNET creates the virus and uses it to spread itself- the program- throughout the world, thus ensuring that it can't be shut down from any one location.

That was my take on it from watching T3, but T3 was lame in a variety of ways. It was pretty much explained previously to that film that Skynet was a computer located in a centralized location - which had been overrun by the humans when they eventually won the war under John Connor. T2 even states that Skynet launches the U.S. missiles against Russia, knowing that their counterstrike will eliminate its enemies which are trying to "pull the plug". If the new series is truly ignoring the events in T3, then thumbs up to them for it.

That was my take on it from watching T3, but T3 was lame in a variety of ways. It was pretty much explained previously to that film that Skynet was a computer located in a centralized location - which had been overrun by the humans when they eventually won the war under John Connor. T2 even states that Skynet launches the U.S. missiles against Russia, knowing that their counterstrike will eliminate its enemies which are trying to "pull the plug". If the new series is truly ignoring the events in T3, then thumbs up to them for it.

You're bad at this.

You just come into these stupid threads and repeat things everyone just spent sixty arguing about without adding an ounce of anything.

Ok, everything I've said has been touched upon to some extent in this thread, but as our little debate on the topic continues, I'm just adding my two cents toward the side I happen to agree with.

And sure, threads like this may be stupid, but we all seem to be enjoying ourselves talking about the Terminator flicks and a bit of Highlander.

Now what part of my previous statement is actually wrong?

Even though it's apparently cruise control for cool to hate T3 for the sake of it, I don't espcially like the movie. Like I (think) aluded to earlier, T3 has a couple of plot holes, mainly the annoying JC age bit. Plus the beginning where ahnuld has to get some leather like in the last movie was, well, lame from my point of view. Plus the T-X was, well, lame again, espcially compared to T-1000. The T-800 in the first movie really gave the aura of a unstoppable killing machine, and i'm quite sure that the role of the Terminator was almost literaly made for Arnold.

The T-1000 was kind of strecting it, but unlike the T-X, Robert Patrick at least looked like a fairly tough cop. The T-X just looks like a random chick(Yes, I know her name) in red leather running around killing people.

I think T3 really needed some polishing up on the script, maybe a rewrite or two. That would of help it much in my view.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back