sarah connor chronicles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. I own all four of the Highlander movies and all six seasons of the series. While all the movies are good (with the possible exception of Highlander 2) the only film that even came close to being as good as the series was Endgame.

Really? I found Endgame (affectionately refered to by my friends as "ENDGAR", since the marquee we went to cut off the subtitle and followed it with its MPAA Rating) to be pretty darn poor. In fact, with the exception of the first movie - which is a mess but still a lot of fun - I found all the Highlander movies to be very poor. The Sorcerer / The Final Dimension could've been something good but it fell apart quickly.

I'll be interested in seeing The Source, only to see how long they can keep this series on life support. (Ditto Gregory Widen's other series - The Prophecy, which has had four DTV sequels)

Terminator 3 was not made by James Cameron, so some consider it to not have really happened at all, or to have happened in an alternate timeline.

That's the logic there. They're sticking to just the Cameron timeline.

...NO, when people don't consider T3 to be part of the canon, they usually do because of plot holes, of which the movie has a few, not because Cameron didn't make it.

Besides, if there is a annoying thing about T3, it's the Terminatrix. The T-X just didn't give off the sort of unkillable aura that the T-800 in the first movie, or the T-1000 ever did.

...NO, when people don't consider T3 to be part of the canon, they usually do because of plot holes, of which the movie has a few, not because Cameron didn't make it.

Besides, if there is a annoying thing about T3, it's the Terminatrix. The T-X just didn't give off the sort of unkillable aura that the T-800 in the first movie, or the T-1000 ever did.

Okay, so what plotholes did Terminator 3 have that weren't explained in the movie as Judgement Day being delayed, other than John's age in T2 (10 during T2, said to be 13 during T3)?

Explain this, please. I'm not sure if I get what you're saying...

The wording of John Connor's thoughts/speech at the end of T3 make it clear that either those are his thoughts as Judgment Day is occuring or they are his thoughts right after Judgment Day. In either case there's no way for him to know that SKYNET was software instead of hardware, thus he's just assuming that it's software because he wasn't sent to the system core.

You misunderstand. During T2, it is shown that John Connor was 10 years old. However, in T3, he says he was 13 during those events.

are you sure he was only ten? I mean actors constantly play younger than they are but ed furlong didn't look sound or carry himself as a ten year old

are you sure he was only ten? I mean actors constantly play younger than they are but ed furlong didn't look sound or carry himself as a ten year old

T2-screenshot.jpg

The problem is that he was born in 1985 and Terminator 2 was 1991, making him 6 years old.

(T2 was made before people had things like DVD Freezeframes, to allow them to see errors like this)

The problem is that he was born in 1985 and Terminator 2 was 1991, making him 6 years old.

(T2 was made before people had things like DVD Freezeframes, to allow them to see errors like this)

HA! I KNEW IT...SCOTTISH BELIGERANCE WINS AGAIN....scottish spelling errors fair less well

We know that The Terminator takes place in 1984, and that John was conceived during this year, which puts his birthdate in late 1984 through mid-1985. 2/28/1985 works fine.

We know that Judgement Day was supposed to take place on August 29, 1997 until the actions of T2 delayed it. So we know that T2 takes place before that time.

John Connor is obviously not 6 years old in Terminator 2, and we know he can't be any older than 13 at the very latest. (And Sarah spouting out the year everytime she warns people of the upcoming Judgement Day seems to suggest that the year is not 1997 in Terminator 2). I could buy John being 10 years old by the way he is portrayed, but not any younger. That graphic suggests the movie takes place between 2/28/95 and 2/27/96.

If he was 13 as claimed in T3, then it would be 1998 and Judgement Day would have already happened, as it is not very probabe John could have been conceived in 1984 and be 13 by the beginning of the events in T2.

We know that Judgement Day was supposed to take place on August 29, 1997 until the actions of T2 delayed it. So we know that T2 takes place before that time.

The fact that we know its suppose to happen after T2 doesn't mean its suppose to happen *immedeately* after. If what you say is true and T2 doesn't take place in 1991, we're given no point of reference as to when Judgement Day is suppose to happen, in terms of how far off it is from T2, which is just damn confusing.

Even stranger, why would they do that for this movie - but not Terminator (which does take place in 1984) or Terminator 3 (which happens in 2003, making John Connor 18 years old)

That graphic suggests the movie takes place between 2/28/95 and 2/27/96.

It is infinitely more plausible that the graphic is simply a continuity error.

Terminator 3 takes place in 2004. It is stated in the movie that Judgement Day takes place on July 24, 2004, and Judgement Day happens during the movie. The only movie that actually takes place in the year it was released in was the first one.

Yes, John Connor's age was one of those long-running plot problems that T3 made *worse.* ::headdesk::

The wording of John Connor's thoughts/speech at the end of T3 make it clear that either those are his thoughts as Judgment Day is occuring or they are his thoughts right after Judgment Day. In either case there's no way for him to know that SKYNET was software instead of hardware, thus he's just assuming that it's software because he wasn't sent to the system core.

Actually, throughout the movie, it is not so subtly hinted that some form of megavirus is spreading throughout computers around the world, and this is SkyNET propagating itself to various computers to prevent itself being fully shut down.

Skynet can create incredibly advanced liquid metal killing machines, come up with complicated schemes to retroactively eliminate the birth of its enemies, and build time travel equipment, but it can't just blanket the earth with nerve gas and be done with us?

And why does the terminator ask john for a wrench to turn the bolt on the truck, and not just use his fingers?

I think it's a lot easier to blow a given area up than to use nerve gas, and even that didn't get rid of everyone.

The fact that we know its suppose to happen after T2 doesn't mean its suppose to happen *immedeately* after. If what you say is true and T2 doesn't take place in 1991, we're given no point of reference as to when Judgement Day is suppose to happen, in terms of how far off it is from T2, which is just damn confusing.
Is this information you actually needed in T2?

Even stranger, why would they do that for this movie - but not Terminator (which does take place in 1984) or Terminator 3 (which happens in 2003, making John Connor 18 years old)
Well, the answer to that should be pretty obvious - in 1991, John Connor would have been 7 years old, and that's much, much too young for the story. 10 years old would have been the minimum (and even that's still not too plausible - he does act more like a teenager than a 10-year-old).

Of course, this gives rise to a bunch of other problems, since the movie's settting very clearly is 1991 (the Atari, the arcade, etc.) - but these problems are fairly inconsequential, since they don't affect the film's story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back