Saitek Joystick profile for WC1

NamedJughead

Spaceman
I have made a Saitek Cyborg Evo profile for Wing Commander for use with Saitek profile software. The software is available at www.saitek.com. This profile is designed for the Cyborg Evo model joystick, but I believe it can be made to work with other Saitek sticks using the profile editor included with the software. I have mapped most major commands to the sticks buttons (autopilot, comm, afterburner, ect..). I have also set the twist axis to control roll. It allows WC to take full advantage of the joystick's advanced features. This profile is known to work with the Win95 version of Wing Commander & Wing Commander 2 included in the Kilrathi Saga CD-ROM. This profile has not been tested with the MS-DOS version of the game. It's compatibility with DOSBOX is also unknown. Enjoy.

http://files.filefront.com/Wing_Commander.dat/;8255038;/fileinfo.html

You put the file in your C:\Program Files\Saitek\Software directory

feedback welcome...

Update: The profile does seem to work with with WC1 in DOSBox. Although the controls are not as responsive as they are in the Kilrathi Saga version. Perhaps this may be caused by the joystick calibration issues i'm having with WC1 in DOSBox. I think the sluggishness is caused by my DOSBox settings. Some more tweaking is required.

Back