Saga Preview Trailer

Tolwyn

Vice Admiral
The teaser trailer the WC Saga team did last year's CIC Birthday was met with good feedback, but the biggest criticism was that there wasn't any plot to go with the FX, it was just a bunch of gameplay footage. Well, that's going to change starting now.

This is the new Wing Commander Saga teaser trailer, with a strong emphasis on our flagship campaign, set in the events of Wing Commander 3. We made cutscenes and dialogue in a style that was of the Wing Commander 3 teaser trailer from way back.

Stuff to say upfront: with the exception of the very last scene, everything is straight from the in-game engine. All the voices have been recorded by Saga voice actors and not ripped from Freespace 2. Music is just for trailer purposes only, it won't be in the actual game.

DOWNLOAD

simply amazing...good to see that capships and stations explode again...too bad for that ship though....

What again will we need to play Saga when it is completed? Or is just something you download entirely? I mean, it's not like a MOD is it?

What again will we need to play Saga when it is completed? Or is just something you download entirely? I mean, it's not like a MOD is it?

IIRC WC Saga will be a complete stand alone game.

It took me awhile to figure out that .rar wasn't a video format :rolleyes: . That video was pretty good. The planets looked very very good on divx. Good job. Can't wait till it comes out. Don't think my comp will be good enough to play it so I'll just have to build a new one, I'll just do it in tech ed.

Very impressive, guys. You're working hard and without falter, and that's an achievement in its own right. The engine looks fantastic, and the game looks like it's coming along beautifully. Great work.

the engine is far more powerful than you can see in those scenes :D

I want to implement a few high poly models, not for actual in-game use, but as eye candies :)

er2.jpg

this ain't Wing Commander ships either :D It was just an example. ('Cause I have heard that Howard Day will release his high res models today. Got it? :) )

I didn't think they were. The only thing they even remotely resemble, IMO, are the movie Rapiers, but those ships weren't that graceful and clean-looking in their lines.

It was a good movie clip, the Kilrathi voice needs to be fixed though...it sounded like a 90 year old man when somebody steps on his oxygen cord...

Nah, cause since I'm going to say now that I was the one who wrote the script for the trailer, Maj.Striker is going to take all of his time in this thread to call me an asshole, moron, incompetent, loser, idiot, disgrace to the WC community, arrogant, stupid, and elitist, among other things.

psych said:
Nah, cause since I'm going to say now that I was the one who wrote the script for the trailer, Maj.Striker is going to take all of his time in this thread to call me an asshole, moron, incompetent, loser, idiot, disgrace to the WC community, arrogant, stupid, and elitist, among other things.

No, I don't need to say it if you're going to say it for me....but seriously, I don't have a serous problem with you Psych EXCEPT that you treat new people like dirt and seem to have a perverse satisfaction in trying to grind them apart. THAT, I have a problem with, however as far as your dedication and talent to the WC SAGA team, that I have nothing but the most profound respect for. As I mentioned in my post, I thought the trail was fantastic merely that the voice for the kilrathi sounds...weak. As for suggestions, I seem to recall that if you have the Creative Labs sound blaster card they came with a variety of preset environments, there was one titled "Alien." It typically turned out a decent Kilrathi impersonation. That's all I'm saying.

Maj.Striker said:
I . . . have a serous problem with you Psych

As I said before, it doesn't matter what you people think of me. I like being underestimated: gives me an element of surprise.

silly silly people...don't you realize he's been here for years? Never ceases to amaze me...

Psych great job on the trailer. The only thing that I had trouble with is that some of the voices in the first scene are hard to make out (during the blackmane type base destruction). Other than that though I loved it, especially the chatter between t-bolts about the progress of the war...keep up the good work saga team...

Psych, I didn't realize you'd written the script for this (probably should have, though). Yeah, Dundradel's right, that was a great job in the writing.

Back